Sunday, March 17, 2013

Top O' the Mornin'



...okay it's really evening, but that phrase just seems fitting for St. Patrick's Day

When my boys were little Josh and I had heard of a tradition where children put their shoes out and the next morning they were filled with candy (magically ;)  We decided it must be for St. Patrick's Day and started the tradition then and there.  Our boys loved it and we had been doing it a lot of years, when I heard the tradition of St. Nicholas' Day...and that you leave shoes out to be filled with treats...Well, it seems we were mistaken, but nonetheless, the tradition stuck in our family.  

Last night the boys left their shoes out and our lovely (some years naughty), leprechaun left treats and decorated our fireplace with shamrocks and confetti.  

For dinner we had our traditional Irish Stew, Irish Soda Bread and rootBEER (still not sure if we should do the last one, but I figure as Beer is as Irish as it gets...rootbeer works, and I think it is funny).  Irish soda bread is way better than it looks good 

 Today we had Stake Conference (a Sunday meeting held 2 times a year in our church) and I was so busy getting the boys ready (we had to be there way earlier than normal and Josh was there early to save us some seats), and making sure they had green on...ya know we wanted to be pinch free, that I barely had time for me (and you betcha I would be pinched if I left off my green).  At the last minute I threw on a green scarf and ran out the door.

 It was actually freezing cold today and I missed the warm few days we have just had.  I guess the only thing I should expect of spring, is the unexpected :)  I hope you all had a lovely St. Patty's Day!  If you want to check out our past St. Patrick's Day celebrations you can check 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
Sweater (similar) and skirt: Old Navy | Scarf: Nordstrom | Boots: Famous Footwear | Bag and sunglasses: Ross

5 comments:

  1. Green!! Happy St Patrick's to you and family!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a cute mom! Love the St. Patricks day celebration. My parents did the shoes thing for Three Kings Day one year and we loved it. Why not St. PAtricks?

    corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother in-law does he shoe thing for Christmas and the boys love it! I think it totally work for st Patrick's day too!! Sounds like you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute idea to leave out treats in the shoes! Leopard pairs SO well with green...one of my fav combos to wear!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Avon Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.