Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Snowy Staycation


 This title is a funny one for these pictures, because we had rain today and it melted a lot of the snow.  Our family went up into the mountains for the weekend and had a total ball enjoying the snow up there.
 Every year I have a list of things that I would like to do with our family and try to fit as much of it in as I can during the winter.  This year's list included a sleigh ride and snow shoeing.
 We finally decided to plan a family weekend getaway to explore the little town where we go skiing each Saturday.  We stayed in a condo to stay in with my MIL and nieces and had such a fun time.  We founds some delicious places to eat and such fun things to do!
 Taking a sleigh ride has been on my bucket list for a while (my bucket list is pretty long...), and I was so excited to finally do it.  We went to a cute farm and took our sleigh ride on a beautiful sunny day.  We got to go and feed elk and then took a ride through beautiful snow frosted hills.  It was perfect.
We also went snow shoeing, another thing from my bucket list.  None of us had ever done it before, but we googled a trail right by where we were staying and headed up.  Josh was such a trooper, he had McKay on his back in our hiking backpack.  The boys loved it so much, they were sad when it was time to turn around and go back down the mountain.  The mountain was so peaceful and lovely I had never seen anything like it.  We will be doing it again in the near future!

We also went skiing and sledding during the course of the few days we were there (we came home pretty tired but happy :).  It was such a perfect way to end out the winter...not that winter ends here for a lot of weeks yet, but life is going to be returning to soccer games and other sports on Saturdays and the snow won't get as much attention as it has in these past weeks.  This really has been my favorite winter ever.  
 Cardi: Jcrew | Blouse: Banana Republic | Skirt: Ann Taylor | Boots: Amazon | Bag: Kate Spade | Bracelet: Jcrew |
Sunglasses: Banana Republic Factory

4 comments:

  1. You are braver than I ma'am. I love my kids, but during the winter, we don't go anywhere--I'm such a wuss in the cold. I love these boots! The color palette today is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a cute mom! I bet your boys loved their snowy adventures. Love the outfit!

    Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like sooo much fun! Love those photos! And I love your boots!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a cardi just like that. I bet it goes with practically everything in your closet.
    Method Clothe

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.