Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine Prep


 I have to be honest...I am currently exhausted (on a side note, please ignore my horrible bangs I am trying to grow out and can rarely do anything with them).  I think the term "bit off more than I could chew" would definitely apply.  I can't even tell you everything thing I am trying to plan/get ready for and when I get this overwhelmed I just want to sit down and do nothing...which definitely wouldn't be helpful.
 Valentine's Day is a pretty wild holiday for our family as it is my husband's birthday and I tend to go overboard on holidays as a general rule.  This week we are celebrating my husband's birthday week with all of the things he loves.  I like that idea because it is a bit hard to share your birthday with another holiday.

I am also planning a Valentine's tea on Saturday (so excited for that one) with my boys and some cousins and a little Valentine's day cookie decorating party tomorrow with the boys and some friends.  I just can't resist a party or fun idea, but honestly...its a bit much this year.  At least I can admit it, I think my husband would be proud :)
 These are the Valentine's that I made for my boys this year.  I always like to make my boys' valentines and thanks to Pinterest there are good ideas all over the place (Valentine's from years past here, here).  The things they are holding like "light sabers" are glow bracelets.  I think its probably okay if we forgo the candy this year.
 Blouse: Old Navy (maybe I shouldn't tell you that I have 6 of these shirts in different colors) | Skirt: Loft | Boots: Aldo | Bag: Ross 


17 comments:

  1. Those are adorable Valentine's Day cards! Such a fun design!

    xx Amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect classy valentines look! You defenitely rock those pearls!!

    -xoxo- lorena

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great valentine's cards for your boys and I love your blouse! gorgeous!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. the color of the shirt looks fantastic on you! love it:)
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous for valentines day!! love this!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'mon, those invitations are the absolutely cutest!!! What a fabulous idea! Wow, you are definitely one busy lady. Hopefully you'll have a blast with all of your fun parties! You look really lovely in this outfit. LOVE the details on that skirt!

    xo Jenny
    <a href="http://www.crazystylelove.com>www.crazystylelove.com</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cards came out SO cute! Such a creative idea!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    JCrew giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit and very cute Valentines! I love those, so creative!

    Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color of your shirt - slowly talking spring huh? I am so ready for snow to be over:)
    I love how creative and thoughtful you are about every holiday

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd use those Valentine's for myself! LOL That's a nice pink blouse. It's not, like, BRIGHT pink, but a perfect subtle (CREAMY) pink!

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy early birthday to your husband! Cute Valentine's for your kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. those cards are soooo cute! and so is your outfit, as per usual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hubbys b'day is the week after valentines so it gets a bit crazy for us too! Sounds like you have lots of fun planned and those valentines are genius!! So cute! I love this top, its the perfect color and style I can see why you have several of them.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot
    Com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Valentine's Day Saturday tea is a great idea! And those V-Day cards are amazing!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are super mom!! I am always amazed by all that you can pull off! I love that blouse on you, so I can totally understand why you have 6:)
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so nice Amy, I am seriously drowning though in everything (promise, no super mom...) I just found out my boys need valentine boxes...and I have no time to do them!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.