Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Back in Black


 I really have been thinking spring thoughts as hard as I can, but the truth is, it is still winter and cold.  I have decided I still should be embracing my winter clothes...I guess I am accepting that winter will be hanging around here for a few more weeks/months, but that doesn't mean that I won't be trying to sneak my spring clothes in :)

Tonight Josh and I took our son Lincoln to the Outback Steakhouse.   Lincoln is doing a report on Australia and we try to do a fun activity if we can when our kids have a report.  I am not sure how "authentic" the Outback Steakhouse is, but it was a fun date and Lincoln felt like a million bucks.
I had to laugh though as we were leaving the restaurant and none of us had coats on.  It was sooooo cold but since it hasn't been nearly as cold as it had been in the past, we opted to leave our coats behind, which was totally crazy, but I guess it felt "warmish" to us.
The funny thing of the night was that once Josh got home we were in such a hurry to get out the door (as we had basketball games later that night), when we got to the restaurant Josh and I realized we had both put on the same shirt!  Luckily I had a sweater, but it didn't hide it very much.  We got some funny looks :)
The forecast here is cold and snow tomorrow.  I hope it is better where you are!

 Blouse: Old Navy | Jacket: eShakti c/o (last seen here) | Skirt: Loft | Boots: Aldo | Bag: Ross


**Don't forget to enter my totally fabulous giveaway!** (you will thank me)

11 comments:

  1. Aw! How fun! You'll have to let us know how Lincoln's report turns out. I'm sure he'll remember it forever.

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sure, I bet you guys planned that!!:) I think we may have more winter ahead for sure.:(
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you totally rocked out this black and white combo! love!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's cute that you guys are wearing matching gingham! It is definitely still winter here too and I find myself wishing for 45 degrees which is pretty sad! :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    February Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love This!


    I'd love for you to check out my blog!

    http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black and white outfit. You look beautiful! I love Outback Steakhouse, yum!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard to not wear spring clothes since that's all you see in stores now! But yeah, it's February! And cold! Love the black and white look! And you guys are cute with the gingham :-)
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the skirt and the matching shirts. So cute! :)

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the subtle sparkle in that jacket and the smaller polkadots hiding in the skirt hem...such great little details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most Expensive Cars in the World, Top Concept Cars, Top Strange Vehicles in the World and Car latest hot top Wallpapers
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.