Sunday, December 30, 2012

Ski Bunny


 I didn't grow up skiing, but living in Utah, lots of my friends were skiers.  When I got to college I lived in a town that had a great ski resort not too far away.  I decided that the time had come to teach myself to ski. I did my best and got so I could go down the hill, but it definitely wasn't pretty.  I ended up marrying Josh, who is an amazing skier.  The first time we ever went together, he watched me ski and um...wasn't too impressed.  Not that he would ever say anything, but I could tell, that my form left something to be desired.
 Having young kids skiing got put on the back burner, but we always wanted to go with them.  This year we finally got them skis and passes to a local resort.  I had NO intention of being part of the whole ski thing.  As I said, I'm not that good and I was happy to stay home with McKay.  That was until Josh found out that McKay could ski...he promptly got us both skis and me a pass.  He took me and the boys on Saturday (McKay's first time will be New Year's Eve, I can't wait to watch him ski! His skis are so adorably tiny!), and I have to say...I wasn't as bad as I thought I would be.  I hadn't skied in 7 years and I was SO SCARED!  My boys were trying to give me pointers (which is a bit humbling, but I took them as I needed all the help I could get) and Josh was so patient and I think by the end of the day, it had come back to me.  I think my boys were disappointed that I didn't fall a million times, they told me at the end of the day they had been expecting it.  At first I was DREADING going, but I have to admit it was so fun.

Josh is so excited to have us all skiing this season, and after Saturday I am excited too!  Hopefully by the end of the season I will have figured it out.
Here is a picture of McKay with his tiny skis.  They are so cute (please forgive his crazy hair and our shower curtain drying in the background...)
 Cardigan: Target | Dress: Nordstrom | Leggings: F21 | Tank: Gift | Boots: Aldo | Bag and Sunglasses: Ross | Necklace: F21

10 comments:

  1. Oh Congrats on the family ski lessons! I'm an awful skier as well!

    xx amy


    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am an awful skier.. all dressed up and not much action. We normally go to Cortina in Italy.

    Happy New Year!
    Kisses and hugs from :
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty! Happy New Year!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never skied before and I don't plan on it! Me and the snow don't mix :) Happy New Year, Emily!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that purple dress! And skiing is SO fun...my dad taught me when I was 4 and I think it makes it easier to start young :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute outfit. :) I've never been skiing or snowboarding! Crazy, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this purple dress! Happy New Year!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful purple...love it! Happy New Year! If you get a chance, I would love for you to stop by and check out my favorites in WORK, DAY and PLAY style from 2011...the year sure does fly by! Have a wonderful day.

    xo Grace
    www.wrinkledchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute dress!

    Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. utah definitely has the best snow and its the best for learning to ski/snowboard.
    i'm a snowboarder but my husband wasn't so i had to teach him. and now he's better than me haha figures. anyway, i hope you have a wonderful new years! :)

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.