Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Seeing Spots


 I am such a polka dot fan.  I know that I am not the only one because I have seen many many posts on this same subject.  The problem I am having is that if something has polka dots on it, I automatically think I need it.  Even if I have something exactly similar already.


 In yesterday's post I had mentioned that I was going to attempt to make plum pudding today, well, it happened.  My mom came and we made Christmas pudding with butterscotch sauce, which is something her mom always made when she was growing up.  Pudding in England usually isn't pudding like it is in the U.S.  We think of pudding like a mousse or custard.  Pudding in England means a dessert.
My boys were a bit confused that in this case "pudding" was a cake.  We had Christmas pudding with butterscotch sauce and plum pudding with orange sauce.  Seriously, they were both SO GOOD!  I was worried because they are a little labor intensive and I didn't want to go to all that work for nothing (like I did later in that day trying to make divinity, and it didn't work.  Lame).

Another fun thing going on lately is our little Elf on the Shelf.  His name is "Scout" and apparently he likes to zip line now and again.  This zip line ended in our Christmas tree, I'm hoping my boys don't get any ideas..
 Cardigan: Target | Sweater: Old Navy | Jeans: Target (recent, but I couldn't find them online) | Shoes: Target | Bag: Ross (recent) | Sunglasses: Ross (recent) | Plum Pudding: My pantry

11 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea for elf on a shelf! Love that sweater!

    xx Amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your color scheme for this outfit, the purple with the polka dotted shirt is fantastic and I love that cardigan! (I thought it was a soft blazer at first, it has great structure for a cardigan.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this outfit...purple and grey together are so cute and add in polka dots...it's over! Love! And what a fun little Elf on the Shelf set-up...too cute! Oh, and that cake...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe my friends do elf on the shelf with their kids! its so fun!!! can't wait to do it oneday myself :) great outfit love those great purple pants and that cake looks super yummy!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get enough polka dots either! I'm so glad the plum pudding turned out great. Your Elf on the Shelf zip lining is hilarious :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Earrings Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder, Emily, polka dots are so irresistibly charming!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the polka dots and love the blazer. Looking sharp!

    Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color of your pants and that bag is fantastic!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute and practical outfit....
    I love how amazingly beautiful your Christmas decor is - it's like a section of Hobby Lobby ;)

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.