Sunday, December 16, 2012

School Girl Pleated Tweed

 I love pleats and I love tweed, so obviously this skirt is one of my favs.  I actually have bought a few of them...very similar to this one.  I have got to get some self control where pleats are involved.

 This past weekend Josh and I traveled the 4 1/2 hours to Boise Idaho to watch our Utah State Aggie football team win the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.  We went last year and were disappointed, so we were SO GLAD not to leave sad this year.  It was pretty cold, but still so much fun!!
 And in other news...if anyone is looking for a quick fun gift, this is what I made for my boys to give to their school classes.  I just bought the skinny pretzel rod bags at Michaels, filled it with some Twizzlers and there ya go.

Josh and I have deemed this coming week as our official "Week of Christmas Celebration."  Life has been so busy that we haven't done some of our traditional Christmas activities.  Oh, they are happening this week!  It is going to be so fun!
 Shirt: Ann Taylor | Jacket: Loft | Skirt: Dillards | Boots: Famous Footwear | Bag: Kate Spade | Sunglasses: Banana Republic Factory | Jewelry: Gift, Jcrew, F21

16 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea for the boys class!

    xx Amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleats are so girly and sweet, you pull it off beautifully!

    Love and kisses from :
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the twizz the season! saw that on ur instagram and thought it was too cute! great outfit and i love that skirt!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always come up with the cutest little gifts! That is such a creative idea, I love it!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Dec. Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute idea for a Christmas gift! Enjoy your week of Christmas! You look great!

    Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pleats and tweed too and this skirt is amazing on you, Emily! Love that you paired it with a mint shirt- so unusual but so beautiful!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great gift idea!! I may have to use this one! Yay for the Aggies!! I've heard the game was awesome!!

    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mint color of your shirt... Have fun with your Christmas activities :P

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever with the crafts! Love the Twizzlers idea:) Your boots and bag are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. pleated tweed! that skirt looks amazing. that twizzler idea is cute too!

    5ftandpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You are dedicated football fans! And the twizzler gift is really cute! Great idea!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lady-like outfit. You look lovely. I really love that skirt. Great fit and cut!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so good! I wouldn't have thought to wear a cropped jacket with a below-the-knee skirt, and I love the texture and box pleats of the skirt.
    J&S
    www.JoyandSunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've found your blog, and what a great outfit, so lovely!
    Do you want to follow each other with gfc? So let me know with a massage on my blog, and I follow you back.

    http://fleur-stevens.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.