Monday, November 26, 2012

Shopping with Boys


 My little Lincoln just turned 8 on Saturday.  In my religion 8 is a big birthday as it is when we are baptized.  We went to a menswear shop and bought him a suit for the special occasion.  We had to have it altered  (to fit his skinny body) and the sight of him up there with the tailor taking measurements was just so cute and grown up to me (sniff sniff...)  I love that he is growing up, but I hate it at the same time (I know...what mom hasn't said this a million times, but it is so true so I am saying it too!)
Tonight I headed with him to finish up the shopping and we first went to get shoes.  After that he was ready to go home.  I told him we just needed a few more things and we then headed to Target to get some dress socks (okay and I got some adorable little booties...stay tuned ladies, I am in love.) and he was then ready to go home again.  I told him we were now going to pick out a tie, like he would think it was so awesome...and he nearly started crying from the hatred of shopping...what?  I was baffled.  I was having a ball getting all of his stuff (and mine), and he was in total and absolute misery.
After bribing him with a treat (oh ya, I am a briber...sometimes) we headed to go and get the tie (It needed to be done tonight because I am taking his baptism pictures tomorrow).  We walked into the tie shop and he grabbed the closest one to him, put it in my hands and started to walk out the door.  I made him come back and I showed him all of the great styles of ties they had and he proceeded to pick a different one that he barley looked at and give it to me.  Normally I would have been okay that he decided so quickly on a tie, but these were both hideous not my style (control freak much?)  So finally we picked one that we could both agree on and were both relieved it was over.  Wow, that was definitely not how I thought our shopping date would turn out.  Next time, I am going to pick it all out for him (which I am sure he would be thrilled about) and take him to a movie instead.
 Jacket: Target | Shirt: Jcrew | Jeans: Old Navy | Booties: Famous Footwear | Sunglasses: Ross | Belt: Dillards

28 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry he didn't love shopping but it sounds like he will be very handsome for the baptism.

    xx amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants are so pretty!! Love how you are wearing them!! I am hosting a big, big giveaway, wanna join? :) http://themefashion.blogspot.co.at/2012/11/giveaway-25-winners.html
    xx
    eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the color of your pants!
    kisses from Milano
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww poor Lincoln! Boys just don't enjoy shopping as much as girls I think. But yay for your new booties!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Starbucks + Ad Space Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your shirt and pants. That mustard yellow is amazing!

    Corbynn

    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing a great tip: Pick it all out myself and just take him to the movies!!:) I hope it all went well. Congrats to Lincoln! Love your mustard skinnies!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mustard denim! Gorgeous for this time of year :)

    xo, Megan
    indie flower

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving the jeans!
    Great blog! Following you now,hope you follow back :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This story sounds like my life...and I have girls that are supposed to LIKE to shop! LOL! I have to ask, where is he wearing the suit? And girl, I am a bribing queen!!! LOL! Love this look...per usual! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to and from the baptism and to church the next day :) All of my sisters go crazy one these beautiful white baptism dresses for their daughters so we go a little crazy with the suits...its the only thing I can go all out on!

      Delete
  10. Love your pants! Such a great color.

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cute look! Loving those pants!!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those bright jeans with those awesome boots!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello there! you look amazing!
    mind to visit and follow me? I will follow you back for sure :)

    have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those pants! Thanks for visiting my blog!
    xo,
    http://peppermintandivy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great look! I love the ruffle blouse and happy 8th birthday to your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Little boys will be boys. Ah well, at least you both got through it, got what you all needed, and have a great 8th to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have an 8 yr old boy and he's an only child. I take him with me to shop from time to time, but realize I MUST be glutton for punishment! Not sure if its more torture for me or for him!!
    Kristin
    Rare Nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your outfit, those jeans are fantastic - adore that colour!!! <3 You are sooo gorgeous!<3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are darling! This outfit looks fac on you!!:)

    http://elisemn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. great!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.