Sunday, November 18, 2012

Peekaboo Polka Dots


 This past weekend I broke out the Christmas music...I really do love Thanksgiving week, but so much of Christmas music talks about things I am thankful for (Christ, family, love, home...lots of things), so I thought it apropos.  I have been dying to break out the Christmas movies too, but I am being strong (we've only watch two...)
Last week our family spent a few days in Park City.  It was so much fun! Josh was in meetings for a lot of it, but the boys and I had a great time hanging out in the hotel.
A couple of Instagrams from the weekend.
1. Josh and I had a fun date night to the corporate dinner and then we saw the movie "Lincoln".  It was SUCH  great movie!
2. The boys and I got room service and watched "Brave," while Josh was in meetings. The boys thought room service was pretty magical.
3. Fun open fire...the boys thought it was great and we had to do our best to keep our boys away from it!
4. The hotel that Josh's conference was held in had had s'mores every night at 8:00.  It was so fun!
5. Swimming at the hotel outside in a heated pool.  The boys loved that there was snow everywhere, but we were nice and warm in the pool.

I am so looking forward to this week.  All about being thankful, family, eating :) It is one of my favorite weeks of the year (and I can't wait to put up the Christmas decorations and not feel guilty about pre-Thanksgiving Christmas-ing).
 I created these little dittys this past weekend for my boys teachers for Thanksgiving...kinda proud of them, thought I'd brag share:)
Turtleneck: GAP (similar) | Dress: Jcrew | Tights: Zara (similar here, here and here) | Boots: Aldo | 
Bracelet: Jcrew 

16 comments:

  1. loving those tights and those craft projects are super cute!

    xx amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute tights...love those! And hello Miss Crafty! What great little gift ideas! Those are darling and I bet the teachers loved them! Have a great day!
    Jenni
    www.foundinmycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice to spend quality time with the family! :)

    Super stylish style and love the tights!

    THE UNCANNY GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those polka dot tights are adorable! The teachers must've loved that little gift, how sweet of you!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl I have already been playing Christmas music for weeks! LOL I love the polka dots peaking out of your adorable jumper and awesome boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tights are adorable and I love the little teacher gifts, you're so creative! Looks like you had a blast in park city. I need to go again (haven't been in forever)
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so crafty and thoughtful! I love how they turned out:) Your dress and tights are so cute too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the peek of polka dots! And I don't think I've ever gotten room service...it does look magical! haha..
    ~Jessica
    http://jeansandateacup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want your polka dot tights!! I also love your thankful pots!! Those are ADORABLE!!

    oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tights! And that jumper is so cute.
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the peekaboo polka dots! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Whitley
    www.thequeencitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should thrift a couple posts! (Meaning buy stuff from the thrift store) It's fun and cheap...and an adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have similar tights but have had so much trouble styling them. They are perfect peaking out above your boots - just enough!

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like such a great weekend! Love love love those tights :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. First time visiting your blog and I love your pictures! Your neighborhood has an AMAZING view to the...(are these the Rockies?)? I am jealous!

    -Julia

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.