Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mix N' Match

 At then end of each season in the past I have taken my clothes from the previous season and put them in bins to be used the next year.  This year I decided that I didn't want to bin them all up and I kept a few around to be used in layering.  I can get in the rut of always wearing a piece of clothing in the same way, it is always so fun for me to discover a new way to wear something.
 One of my favorite things about cold weather dressing is layering.  To be honest, this brown shirt was on my radar for giving to the DI (thrift store in Utah).  I haven't worn it too much for a while and that means trouble for any piece of clothing in my closet (my rule is usually a year and a half.  If I haven't worn it, or haven't liked it when I did wear it...it goes).   This was something I threw together pretty quickly last week for our Park City trip and I have to say I really liked it and I am going to keep it!  I am loving how versatile it is in layering.  I have more plans for the future for this little number.
Shirt: Ann Taylor | Brown shirt: Layers | Jeans: Zara (similar) | Boots: Famous Footwear | Belt: Banana Republic Factory (similar) | Bag: Kate Spade | Sunglasses: Ross

pleated poppy

26 comments:

  1. Hurray! Glad you were able to reuse something you felt might not be working for you anymore. Loving this layered look, and especially the leopard print belt!

    whattowearwithpandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this outfit, relaxed yet casual!

    xx amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable, I like how you layered this!! :)
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually keep all my clothes out despite the season since I find you can winterize summer items. Cute layering and I love the leopard belt!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Layering is the best! And you pull it of wonderfully.

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit!

    Dropping in from WIWW!
    Sheena @ A Girl's Guide to Retail Therapy
    http://sheenaashlock.blogspot.com/2012/11/what-i-wore-wednesday-11-21-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Layering is the best! Love those boots Emily :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute cute outfit! love the blog, we should follow each other?! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great! I love this entire outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! Those boots are fabulous!!! Love the collared shirt under the shirt, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need be better about using my clothes all year. I normally do that too. Put summer clothes away when it's fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh give me those boots! I love the way you layered your tops!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layering!
    xo,
    http://peppermintandivy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I love the layering and mixing!!! It's so fun to put stuff together from what we already own. You look as classy as ever. Everything is so timeless!! I hope you and your adorable family have a fab Thanksgiving and eat lots of turkey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great outfit!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Sofia

    Stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy thanksgiving. Emily! I like you how layered the shirt under the brown top, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the layering and colors!! So cute! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely post, and lovely blog!
    Wanna follow each other in GFC and Bloglovin’?
    Let me know!
    xoxoxo

    www.cmgvb.com
    www.cmgvb.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you are extending the life of your clothes!! Great layering and I love the addition of the leopard belt!
    Hope you and your family have a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes the simple outfits are the best. You look fantastic and I love that bag!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO CHIC!

    It would mean a lot if you could check out my blog and leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!


    xo
    Deanne

    http://myfashavenue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your bag!! So cute! Thanks for your sweet comment!! Keep in touch!


    www.mintclothingcompany.blogspot.com
    Xx,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.