Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holiday Dressing


 I have heard in the past people saying that you can never be too overdressed.  I have to say, I beg to differ, I DO NOT like to be over dressed for things.  I think part of the fun and the challenge of fashion is to be perfectly dressed for whatever occasion you are dressing for. Just my opinion, but there ya go.  One of the things that I love about this time of year, is that over dressing is part of the magic of Christmas :)  Holiday parties just beg for glitz and glamour.
 My husband has a fun work party coming up and I have been trying to think what I would like to wear to it. It isn't one that is too formal, but still one I should dress nice for.  This is one of the outfits that I thought of for such an occasion.  This jacket is probably my current favorite piece of clothing in my wardrobe.  It is SO well made and I love the subtle sparkle it has.

Have you heard of eShakti?  Let me tell you, their clothes are GORGEOUS and so reasonably priced.  My favorite thing about he site however is that you can customize the pieces of clothing that you purchase from them.  I don't know about you, but so many times I see a piece in the stores that I like, but don't love.  You can change hem lines and sleeves which are always the two main things that I feel need to be fixed.  I am SUPER excited about this lovely shop!


Please excuse my feet being cut off, I had my 8 year old photographer with me today :)
 Blazer: c/o eShakti | Shirt: Loft | Trousers: Banana Republic | Shoes: Aldo | Jewelry: Jcrew | Sunglasses: Ross

24 comments:

  1. Love it. Super classy! I loveeee your pearls


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tweed jacket and pearls! So pretty Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool business-y outfit, and I love your 8year old photographer, how cute:)
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well don't you look a classic beauty? I love your glasses and red lip!

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway? It's the last day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so beautiful! I love the blazer and the pearls. So classy!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sophisticated look! Love the pearls and red lip.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Starbucks + Ad Space Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this jacket!!! I recently purchased a similar one in winter white and I can't wait to wear it with my winter white pants. Basically a white version of your outfit :-) Perfect for holiday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice :)
    XX

    would you like to follow each other?
    http://oohmarly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look. I looove that jacket!

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So classic and beautiful. Really love this look.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your braid!! and the red lipstick is the perfect touch!!
    kisses from Milano
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blazer =)

    http://maramasplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so classy! Your pants looks like theres a slight flare. I love how you wore it with pumps! makes this outfit looks really great. love it!

    5ftandpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit and I agree, I always try and dress

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great blazer, love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so chanelling Chanel in this fab jacket...glad to have found your style blog!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! Maybe we can follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! you look so elegant.... I LOVE pearls, and you dear are wearing them so beautifuly....
    kisses and have a nice weekend
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey beauty! Thanks for visiting my blog! I’m so glad you liked it :D
    I love yours! If you want we can follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin’, Facebook and Chicisimo.. Let me know! xoxoxo

    www.cmgvb.com
    www.cmgvb.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, gorgeous!!

    -xoxo- lorena

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.