Thursday, November 29, 2012

Caramel Mint

 I really like to take my outfit pics on bright, sunny days.  When it is dark or cloudy outside they just aren't that great.  Well...today was a dark gloomy day, and I just decided to go with it and these pictures that the light was pretty dark.  But I guess you get the idea.
 I am still in the process of teaching myself that some of the old fashion rules no longer apply.  Like wearing pastels in the winter.  It is something in the past I never would do, and even today when reaching for a pair of jeans, I noticed these WAY at the bottom of the drawer because they haven't been used for a while and I thought, why not.  I am so glad I did, I felt like by adding the camel colored cardi and boots, it was a pretty good fall outfit as well.
 My cute friend and photographer Brittany dared me to show you her socks and flip flopped feet and tell you they are all the rage...isn't that obvious!?  Definitely a cute look :)  She is such a good sport to take pictures when I come and grab her from her toasty house into the cold air of the outside.
Sweater: Buckle | Shirt: Modbe | Cardigan: Jcrew | Jeans: Target | Booties: Target | Bag: Aldo | Bracelets: F21 and Jcrew

16 comments:

  1. Love this look! These colors look Fab on you girlfriend!

    www.McKennaBleu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you winterized the mint with camel! I think you can wear any color, no matter what time of year it is :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Starbucks + Ad Space Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you brought pastels into winter. The accessories really bring the mint into season! Love it!!

    Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these two colors together, like a mix of summer and winter. You look so pretty!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this color combo! And I'm definitely still wearing pastels in the winter :-)
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have the same problem, if it never really gets sunny and dark again at 4pm, taking good pictures is kind of a challenge. Cute pants, btw:)
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look, love your bag =)

    http://maramasplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mint and camel look so good together! You look awesome! Also, love that your friend said that. Too funny. I have a couple friends I could hear saying the same thing :)
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this color combo! this is the perfect way to bring mint into winter!

    Sequins&Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may not like the pictures (although I think they look good even on a dark day) but that outfit is totally amazing! Love!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all about getting more use out of "spring and summer" pieces and that includes pastels :) The pictures turned out pretty good I think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dad will be so pleased to hear that socks + flipflops are a win. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh your friend takes all your photos? I was wondering; they always look so great :) mint is seriously one of my Fave colors!!! so pretty. love how you styled it here for Fall!


    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look beautiful in mint and your friend is so funny...socks and flip flops..riot.
    XO
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. darling! love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.