Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Full of Fall

We have had so much going on lately that we really haven't done a whole lot of anything fall.  This past weekend I tried to cram in as much as I could in the way of fall celebrationing.  We went to pumpkin walks, football games, Halloween witch displays and even the Salt Lake City Cemetery (it is so spooky and gorgeous at the same time.  We hunted for prominent Utahns graves, so I guess it was educational too...we do it every Halloween.  I love it).
Not only did we have a lot of fun this past weekend we ate some seriously good food.  We had caramel apples, yummy gourmet hot chocolate and I made homemade doughnuts.  My mom has made them every Halloween forever and I now make them with my family too.  It is one of my favorite traditions.
 So I am finally feeling like we have caught up a little bit with Halloween.  My costume finally came in the mail.  I am curious to know how many people dress up out there.
 My husband is a pretty good sport about dressing up, but it isn't his favorite.  My family has a big Halloween party every year and everyone goes all out.  Josh and I have always tried to get away with as little as possible.  Like that one year that we dressed up as "stage crew" and wore all black and then one year Josh was a paparazzi also wearing all black.  We have come up with some random ones in order to get out of dressing up, but finally last year we embraced it and went as Mary Poppins and Burt.  It was one of our better ones.  This year is pretty mellow, but I am still excited about it!  What are you going to be?

Blouse: Forever 21 | Skirt: Ann Taylor | Boots: Aldo (similar) | Bracelet: Jcrew | Sunglasses: Ross

30 comments:

  1. I would love to bite into that doughnut right about now! I've been having such bad cravings for doughnuts lately! Bet they tasted amazing. Second, your costumes from 2011 were so cute! Third, great outfit! Love your blouse! Have a great week, Emily:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the Halloween costume idea from last year! we don't dress up in dxb, but i will be dressing up my godchildren! love the outfit! those boots are killer!

    xx amy
    leopard and lillies

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look as beautiful as ever, and I love your Halloween 2011 pic!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look!

    xo, Christina
    www.thestylestorm.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blouse and your Halloween costume! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blouse is absolutely stunning...

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw your costumes last year were so cute! Patrick is pretty good about dressing up too, even though it isn't his favorite. LOL I love your skirt and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, your costumes were perfect! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow amazing look!!pretty blouse!!

    www.tomelessismore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That outfit is seriously gorgeous! I'm obsessed with that fabulous skirt and the peek-a-boo polka dots! Great costumes too!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great outfit ;)

    I have a new post ;) Check it out ! :)

    RUNWAY JUICE

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the costumes from last year! Halloween is one of my fav holidays but my hubby is also not that into dressing up so we haven't gone out for Halloween in a few years. Now I just dress up the dogs :)

    Those homemade donuts look amazing!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    1000 Followers Giveaway Extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the mary poppins costume! cant wait to see what you picked to be this year

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving that blouse! The black and white outfit looks so classy!

    TheRosettePortrait

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary Poppins & Burt costumes are so awesome!! I never dress up as of late...I'm too cheap to buy costumes. Sad, I know. I love your blouse! Glad you had a fun weekend!!
    xx, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like a fun Halloween you had with your man ,
    i love your costume & skirt ,
    patiently waiting for you to follow my blog back ,,,

    http://nanybuz91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fall weekends are the best! Love your blouse!
    ~Jessica
    http://jeansandateacup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blouse and those boots are incredible! Such a pretty outfit! I love the Mary poppins and Burt costumes! Really cute. This year me and the hubs are going as a 1950s housewife and milkman. Get it? Ha
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your boots! Would you like to follow each other?
    Check out my blog and let me know!
    Fabiola

    wildflowergirl

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am coming to you by way of Amy and Leopard and Lillies. Love, love this outfit! Love the pleats and stitching on that skirt and the blouse is magnificent. Also, really love your pattern mixing in the previous post. Now following! Looking forward to more fun outfits!
    Whitley
    www.thequeencitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the Mary Poppins costume! Such a good idea. Maybe I can get my husband to try it out with me...


    Corbynn

    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. you got this blouse from f21? i think i'm going to go look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that blouse from F21! Your Halloween costumes are adorable:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. You guys did cram in so much this weekend! Love it! This time of year is such great weather to do so much fun stuff! Love the look today and can't wait to see what your costume is this year!! We plan on dressing up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. darling! and your costumes last year are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like a fantastic weekend. This outfit is gorgeous. Very classy. And your costume was too fabulous last year! You guys looked awesome!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awww I love seeing your costume from last year! I can't wait to see what you come up with this year :) Also the polka detailing on you skirt is
    fabulous! SO unexpected and chic!
    xoxo Darby

    Obviously Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my. How cute are you?? I love this combo!! IT's SUPER chic and elegant! You look great!

    oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. yum- homemade doughnuts!!! and love your outfit - that top is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.