Sunday, October 14, 2012

Night Out With the Utah Opera


On Saturday night I was invited along with some fellow Utah style bloggers to attend the Utah Opera's opening night.  The opera was Il Trouvatore and was simply gorgeous.  I have been to a few of operas in the past, but I have to say this is one of my favorites that I have seen.  The voices of these artists were unbelievable, I had chills so many times during the performance.  I truly loved it.  I was so excited to be part of such a wonderful night!
  My camera was on some crazy setting when we took these pictures, so please forgive the blurry overexposed photos... And can I take a second to point out the pockets in my dress...I was a little obsessed over them as you can tell in pretty much every picture :)
 Dress: Nordstrom | Jacket: Nordstrom | Heels: Aldo | Jewelry: gift and Jcrew
It was fun to have my handsome Josh with me for the night.  I am lucky he likes opera and that this opera was pretty action packed as operas go:)
 First we went to dinner at Spencer's before the opera.  This is one of our favorite restaurants (it always reminds me of Valentine's Days with Josh from years gone by, good memories).
 After dinner we headed around the corner to beautiful Capital theater for the performance, stopping on the red carpet for a photo op :)  The night was honestly so well done and perfect.  I was impressed with everything (including the little gold box of chocolates they sent us home with afterward...perfect ending huh?).
 One of the funnest parts of the evening, was meeting other style bloggers.  Utah has some awesome gals that write some of my favorite blogs and it was great to finally meet them.  Here I am with Shannon from Style With Shannon, and Cara of CaraLoren'.
 I also met the fabulous Melody of Thread Ethics and Alycia of Crowly Party.  I was honored to be invited to this special night for the Utah Opera and to be among this awesome group of women.

44 comments:

  1. Oh I love your dress, just beautiful!

    xx Amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily you look gorgeous and that dress is so classy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, this dress is everything. You look so beyond stunning. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute dress!:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous!! Love your hair!

    -xoxo- lorena

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, you look absolutely gorgeous! I love your hair and your dress looks amazing on you!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Bubble Necklace Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorg and you were so sweet!
    Sad I missed you guys after! you all look fab!!!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lot of fun! You and your hubbie are one good lookin' couple! I love that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! What a fun event! I was just in Utah (for general conference) and would have loved to go to the opera or the symphony I've heard so much about! Love the look!
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely would have loved it! It would have been fun to meet you, I love your blog!

      Delete
  10. How fun!! I'm loving your blog & photos! Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing. So nice pics and blog. Great.

    http://fashiondenis.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You all look stunning! I LOVE YOUR DRESS! Sounds like an amazing night!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look absolutely beautiful Emily!!! I wish I would have been in town to go. Looks like I definitely missed out. What a fun evening!
    xx, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog and I love it! You are beautiful and I adore your style! Love this dress. Newest follower! xx.
    Megan

    I'd love for you to check out my fashion blog and follow along, too if you'd like!
    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow, I am following you back!

      Delete
  15. wow your dress is absolutely stunning!! and you and your hubby are so cute together

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your chiffon dress!! Very classy!
    If you have time, please remember to visit my blog as well.

    Have a lovely day

    stylejourneys

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun! You all look so beautiful and your dress is gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that dress...you wear it wonderfully:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty dress! Perfect for an opera night...

    www.azrakunworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This dress is sooooooo gorgeous!! You look amazing!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look fabulous. Looks like so much fun!

    Method Clothe

    ReplyDelete
  22. That dress is gorgeous! I absolutely love the lace! Looks like a fun night :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a gorgeous dress and what a fun evening! Also, I really love that you embraced those pockets...I totally share your obsession for dresses with pockets :)

    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  24. It was great meeting you beautiful lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a fellow SLC blogger who was in attendance at the opera on Saturday night too! I am so sorry I didn't have a chance to meet you. But I love your dress-espeically the pockets!! You looked lovely and am so glad you had a great time. It was a fantastic evening, wasn't it??

    xx,

    Abby

    www.alldolledupblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a lovely evening. I wish I'd gotten to meet you! We definitely need more of these blogger meet ups!! Hope to meet you soon!

      Delete
  26. Your dress is stunning! Love the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You looked stunning for the occasion and so glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That dress is SO pretty Emily...and your hair looks fabulous!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like so much fun! Gorgeous dress!
    ~jessica
    www.jeansandateacup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. You look lovely and that is a very pretty dress!

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a lovely post, I like these pictures so much! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that your dress has pockets! It was such a lovely event! Super-fun to see all the bloggers there!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your dress is so stunning! The pockets make it a keeper! Everyone's hair looks amazing as well. Fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I was lucky enough to be among the style bloggers invited as well, and it was my first experience with the opera... and it was absolutely amazing! The show was breathtaking, and it's always fun to have an excuse to get all dressed up :)

    Love your dress, btw! And I know what you mean about pockets - I pretty much automatically buy any dress/skirt I find that has pockets!


    www.frayed-threads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had all had a chance to meet! It really was an amazing night!

      Delete
  35. just between you and i? i think your outfit was the best.
    but that's a secret. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.