Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lovely Weekend and a Peplum Top

 This weekend was so fallish and lovely (other than the fact that I was sooooo sick on Friday and part of Saturday...but the weather was lovely).  Palmer had a football tournament and I could finally wear my fall clothes to a game (the games have typically been so hot).  I really had the worst cold, but didn't want to miss the last of our sports season (but I am not complaining these sports are coming to a close, this has been the busiest few months of my LIFE and I am ready to be done).
 We also spent the weekend watching General Conference.  This is one of my favorite times of year in my church.  We watch church on TV (or internet), our family always has a big family breakfast (pumpkin spice pancakes this year compliments of my amazing husband) while we watch Conference in our pajamas, I made Cinnamon rolls (serious carb fest going on at our house), and later we had Sunday dinner with the extended family at Grandma "Happy's" house (my kid's couldn't pronounce my mom's name when they were younger, (her name is Kathi), and they ended up saying "Happy" instead and it stuck).  It is always just a wonderful weekend and this year was no different.
 It is always so hard to start another week after such a lovely weekend, and this week starts for us at the dentist with my little Hunter having surgery on his mouth...no fun.  I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend as well!!
 Top: ASOS | Skirt: Anthropologie | Boots: Famous Footwear | Bag: Kate Spade | Jewelry: F21 | Sunglasses: Banana Republic

25 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Emily! Hope you're feeling better and hope your little Hunter's surgery goes well tomorrow :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit and dying over your boots! so sorry about Hunter's surgery, I hope it goes well!

    xx amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, surgery is never fun. Wishing Hunter all the best. You look amazing here. Totally obsessed with these boots. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I've got some exciting news on my blog involving my latest project with Giuliana Rancic. I'd love if you'd swing by. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool top and necklaces:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these boots with the skirt! Hope his surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're feeling better and Hunter's surgery goes well!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Chicnova giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the boots with this outfit! Hope the surgery goes well for Hunter!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your skirt and boots!! :) So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shirt is so cute and the necklaces you chose to pair with your outfit are timeless and classic. Love it!!!

    http://lynnandlou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Conference was so good!! I love your traditions! I hope Hunters surgery goes well:) Love that top too!!
    xo, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those boots are so edgy! I feel like I can spot Anthropologie items anywhere. What is that? ;)

    -Heather
    {heatheringheights.com}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so gorgeous!!

    Love from South Africa

    http://arumlilea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so in love with those boots girl! They are too gorgeous!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so cute! I love the boots with your skirt. Great look!
    www.isntthatcharming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Love that peplum and those boots!

    Xo, Rachel
    http://www.glitzyblues.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful look! Love your top with your skirt and the boots ad the perfect touch of Fall. Beautiful!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. y love your peplum top!! :D

    http://16denoviembreblog.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful skirt, love the print!


    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that skirt Emily - such a pretty pattern!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love peplum, and you paired it perfectly!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great fall outfit! I love it! you look fantastic :) You have such a beautiful family too! Wow..... 3 boys! I'm trying to survive with just one girl! hahaha.. I'm a new mom, still trying to figure it out :)

    Christy
    Sunnywithasideof...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.