Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cowgirl Wannabe

 First I would like to point out that the beautiful mountain behind me is turning red.  I LOVE the mountains in the fall.  There is nothing quite like driving/hiking through a canyon that is on fire with autumn leaves.  Put it on your bucket list if you haven't done it...you'll thank me (plus you'll feel like your living inside a Eddie Bauer catalogue for a bit which is always a plus)
 I have some seriously cool cowgirl/cowboy cousins.  Visiting them growing up I was always loved to visit them, especially when the rodeo was in town.  I grew up in a city and even though my dad worked for a company that specialized in cowboy-type things, my family was very city.

A few years ago Josh and I took our kids to visit the cool cowboy cousins and Josh caught the bug.  He came home and bought a few cowboy duds that he could sport when we went to rodeos, which we do regularly now.  I always tease him because that is pretty much the only time they come out, but I am glad they do because he looks totally hot in them (there is a definite "hotness" to cowboys, admit it.)
 Okay well to make a long story still pretty long, these boots make me feel a little country.  I know they are totally NOT cowgirl boots, but I FEEL a bit of cowgirl coolness when I wear them.  I like it (all you Texans please don't lynch me for comparing these to cowgirl boots...)


Okay onto something on a totally opposite subject, I was looking through this site today, and came across this collection of gorgeous clothing.  Can I tell you how in love with Valentino I am.  It's not that I would ever be able to afford anything Valentino, and I am pretty sure if I could afford it, I would not spend that much money on an article of clothing, BUT I truly believe that creating clothing is a form of artistic expression and these beautiful garments are definitely works of art.  I love how fashion forward, yet totally feminine Valentino always is.  Just thought I'd share some beauty with you today.
 Top and Skirt: Ann Taylor | White shirt: Loft | Belt: totally don't remember... | Necklace: F21 | Bag: Kate Spade | Boots: Famous Footwear | Sunglasses: Banana Republic Factory

21 comments:

  1. Your blog is so amazing! Love it so much!
    You have a new follower (Gloria Pepe 348 via GFC)! Hope you'll do the same, dear!
    Thank you!

    cecinestpasafashionblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this outfit! please take more pictures of the fall leaves! I miss it so!

    xx amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your "country" inspired look :)

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mountains in the background are amazing! Cute look!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are a really cute pair of boots! I just got a pair of cowboy boots and I can't wait to wear them. The mountains in your photos are just gorgeous!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Chicnova Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit! I live in Montana (where cowboy hats are acceptable in Wal Mart) but I have to admit that I don't really like it-it's just not me!
    Love your outfit though-erring more on the side of country/cowgirl/urban cowgirl (I can handle that!):)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute, love the layers. Those boots are fabulous!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous! I love these colors and can I please have your boots!! I love them!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're too darling! love this blog & we're your newest followers, come follow us back at chaseandem.blogspot.com XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the coolest belt...and you don't remember where it's from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those boots are kick ass!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice look! I really love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures are gorgeous!!
    Xo,Rachel
    http://www.glitzyblues.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to admit...Cowboys are hot! I come from a country town where rodeo and bull sale are the main attractions. They are so fun to go to! I love your boots!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is a definite hotness to cowboys!! Agreed.

    Love your cowgirl look...and LOVE those mountains behind you. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i am crying everytime i see a blogger wearing boots because i am craving boot weather. it was over 100 here yesterday and am i complaining you bet i am because i want boot weather! cute outfit

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am lusting after those boots...love the spat-like? leather detailing...such beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute cute!!! Love the cowgirl look! Perfect for Utah!

    Corbynn

    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Utah mountain, especially in the fall!!! That skirt is so pretty & I love your boots!
    xo, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those mountains are gorgeous! I can't imagine waking up and seeing that everyday! WOW! And this Texan girl won't lynch you...they are a little cowboy-esque! :) Go with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute boots! I just got my first pair of brown boots and I am SO excited to wear them as soon as it's not 80 degrees out, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.