Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Last Days of Summer in Pink and Light Blue

 Hi everyone!  We had a lovely weekend and I hope that you did too!  Friday night I decided to do an outdoor movie and backyard camping with my boys.  I thought it would be such a fun ending to our summer break.  It started to get cloudy during our movie and by the time we finished it was sprinkling a little bit.  Josh tried to talk me out of it, but I couldn't let the boys down.  They were so excited about backyard camping.  Well, in the middle of the night we woke up to hard rain and constant flashes of lightening.  The boys were pretty scared (except one who snored on) and we ended up running for the house.  In the morning we went in the backyard to find that our tent poles had snapped and our lovely tent that has provided so many fun memories broke!  I am so glad that we left or it would have fallen on us, but I was so sad that happened.
Our sad tent :(
 We also went to my nieces baptism this past weekend.  It was so special.  I love days like these.  She was so happy she was glowing!

Right now I am torn between wanting to get a last wear out of my summer clothes and jumping into the fall clothes that I love so much (and I just got some seriously CUTE boots this past weekend!!!)
Tomorrow we are going to do a few fun things with the boys and then focus on getting our act together for school.  tomorrow night we are having a "back to school" party!!  Can't wait.  The boys are so excited and I think we got some pretty amazing teachers this year!

What are you all doing for Labor Day!  I hope it is a wonderful day for you1
Shirt: Gap | Sweater: Jcrew | Skirt: Dillards | Shoes: Steve Madden | Bracelet: Jcrew | Bag: Aldo | Sunnies: Ross

16 comments:

  1. LOVE your shoes Emily! So sorry to hear about the tent, but it sounded like it was fun before the storm!

    Amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Those shoes are lovely!
    And so sorry about your tent... Hope the great memories can give some consolation :)

    Love,
    Jolien

    http://julianaandthedaydream.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your skirt:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that stinks about the tent! But I'm glad you guys ran back to the house before it broke. It's still way too warm for fall clothes and I'm sure I'll be wearing my summer ones for a while :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my jewelry giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute outfit for the last little bit of summer! All the pieces work really well together.

    Happy Labor Day :)

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your skirt! :)

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely stunnning! love these light colors together!

    xoxo,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these colours, and the skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, love this all white look, so freash and feminine, and shoes are just fabulous, the whole ensemble looks chick!
    Do you want to follow each other? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to follow each other!!

      Delete
  10. Love you steve madden heels. Sounds like a fun night except for the storm.

    Method Clothe

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a crazy back yard adventure! Those heels are so classy - I've now added black and white pumps to my someday/maybe wish list!

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, such a pretty and feminine look! Thanks so much for linking up to Sunday Style :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.