Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Matchity Match


 Hello lovlies!  I am home from New York.  We had an AMAZING time and seriously loved every second of it.  We ate amazing food, shopped like crazy (oh I have a wonderful husband for putting up with an entire day of shopping in SOHO), saw the sights and came home happy campers!  Thank you to all of you for your suggestions because the trip was so much better because we knew of so many awesome things to do!
 So ya know how there aren't many rules left in the fashion world any more?  Ya, clashing is okay, white is totally cool after Labor day and mixing stripes and polka dots is all the rage.  Well, I am still an old fashioned kind of girl and although I love to break all of those crazy rules (I am SUCH a rebel), I still am a big fan of a big ole match fest.  You know, the head to toe kind of match.  I sort of swoon at old movies when they have perfectly matched shoes and handbags...love it!
Top: Ann Taylor | Skirt: Ann Taylor | Shoes: Aldo | Bag: Aldo | Bracelet: F21 (recent) | Sunnies: Banana Republic Factory | Belt: Bohme Boutique

21 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Found you on Clothed Much.
    New follower for sure! Follow me back via GFC too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the outfit and welcome back from NYC! so glad you had a blast!

    xx amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great look! Love that color on you!

    Check out my oxblood bag GIVEAWAY!!:
    http://www.thestylestorm.com/2012/09/giveaway-oxblood-bag-and-scarf.html

    xo, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great look! love the bow in your hair! u look so great!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Glad you had a great time! =) You look so pretty in this cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outfit looks great! Glad you had fun in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Emily! Happy to hear you had a great time! I think matching is always "in"!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a chain link necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when things match. It's truly a classic look. This outfit is super classy. Love the shoes and handbag!
    Meredith
    www.createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had fun on your trip! Sometimes you just gotta do a matchy-matchy kind of look--it's truly classic. Can't go wrong with that! Love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sometimes a good matchy match is just what I need!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the skirt,so colorful.

    http://sarafashionocean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute look. Very girly and chic. Love it

    Oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous skirt, and I'm glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back! Thanks for letting me take over your blog yesterday:) I'm with you on the shoes matching the bag, it's just so classic. In love with those heels!!!
    xx, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy you are back safely and had a blast in the city!! I can't wait to see some pictures.
    And I have to agree with you. I, too, love to break all sorts of rules, but I love an occasional matchy-matchy outfit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back! I'm so thrilled you had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes I know what you mean I love those classic looks!

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your outfit! Looks great on you. Glad you are back and had a great time in NYC. Can't wait to see what you got in SOHO:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your matching outfit! :) it´s very flattering and I like how elegant it looks! :) glad you enjoyed New York! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.