Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Whites and a Bit of Back to School

 Since I have been told my whole life that white was to be worn after Memorial Day and before Labor day I thought it only apropo that I wear white jeans ON Labor Day.  I know that the rule book has now been thrown out the window...but I have to be honest, it might take me some time.
 I have been seeing red and green worn all summer and have been dying to try it.  I thought I should hurry and do it because if I wait any longer it will be somewhat Christmasy.  I am going for summer picnic-y here...
This past summer we had passes to a water park and our last day was TODAY.  We had so much fun there and it was sad to say goodbye.
 This was our tube snowman. 
After coming home from the water park we had a little back to school party.  I wanted it to be fun and schoolish.
I bought these fun trays long ago at Pottery Barn Kids and we have used them every year for our back to school party. 

The boys went to visit their teachers last week and thought that teachers might like an apple.  Of couse a little caramel on it couldn't help.
 I took these pictures a few days ago of the boys.  These are just the ones I instagrammed I haven't edited the real ones yet...that will be done in all of the time I am going to have with only one little one at home!
I sure love these cute boys of mine.  I have all of my fingers crossed that they have a lovely school year.
 I have to be honest, I sort of wish that I was going to school with the boys.  I have the best memories of school when I was younger.  I guess I will have to expereince it through them ;)
I wore these houndstooth flats as a nod to the coming fall. 
 Shirt: Old Navy | Jeans: Bohme Boutique (similar) | Belt: Old Navy (similar) | Shoes: Famous Footwear | Sunnies: Ross | Bracelet: Jcrew
stillbeingmolly

27 comments:

  1. Love the outfit Emily and love the photo of the boys! Too cute!

    xo Amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that shirt is from Old Navy... looks just like J.Crew! First time here and love your blog... If you have some time check out my blog, my last post was a very nice DIY.

    Monica from fashion Koketi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Monica! I am off to visit your blog.

      Delete
  3. I love that top!! It's so cute on you! Your boys are just the cutest! Gook luck with school this year:)
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your flats!:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are too cute! Love the white skinnies with that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I like your blog!
    Come to my blog and take part in the giveavay
    http://lengilochka.blogspot.com/2012/08/yanaya.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fall pics of your boys are just darling...you have some photography skills, lady! And I love this outfit, it just hollers autumn in all the best ways. Gotta get some houndstooth flats for myself!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    Check out my GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those houndstooth flats are so cute! Your boys are adorable and I hope they all have a good school year :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a Mint Green statement necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable are your flats! x

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i say throw that silly no white after labor day rule out the window, it is soo over!! super cute outfit on you, love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look super cute! I love white jeans and these look great on you! I also just adore those flats, how darling! Also, may I ask where you live? So weird to see mountains in the background of your neighborhood, it looks stunning! I'm in Houston so anything above sea level looks like a mountain to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look SUPER cute! Loving the white jeans and the great shirt, love the green belt too! Gorgeous girl!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think i will have to add 'wear white jeans' to my 2013 bucket list. yours look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute blog! Love those shoes! xo.
    Meg

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You win super mom of the year!!! Back to school shin-dig, caramel candy apples, precious BTS pictures...love it all...and of course you are looking fab while doing it all!! Kudos!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, Emily! Hope the transition back to school goes smoothly for everyone. You are looking fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You boys are absolutely adorable!! Love the mix of the green belt and the red top! Such a great idea with teh back to school party with the trays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this outfit! I've always followed the no white after Labor Day rule but I think it's time I break it. I have been living in my white denim and I'm just not ready to give them up yet! I love the back to school party, those trays are so fun. The pics of your boys are adorable too, hope you'll post the edited pictures on here to share with us!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. That belt adds the perfect extra pop of color, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wore my white jeans on Labor Day too! Love the green belt!
    Meredith
    www.createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this look, the white jeans look amazing and I love the added color of the little green belt! I am also very jealous of your sons teachers because those apple treats look SO GOOD, yum! How thoughtful of you! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)

      Delete
  22. It looks like a fun day, and what a delicious afterschool treats table.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely outfit. And while we're on the topic of lovely, you also have a lovely lovely family! :) Your boys are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you are the cutest mom! I am a new GFC follower :)
    www.theoutfitaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have these same shoes and even wore them today!
    Love this outfit and color combo and your boys are so adorable!

    myfashionatelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.