Monday, September 24, 2012

Guest Post-Dreaming in Cashmere

Today I am excited to have Amy from Dreaming in Cashmere.  Amy and I have so many connections and have never met!  I am determined that we meet sometime soon (one of our connections is that we are both in Utah!!!).  In the mean time I just admire her and her blog from afar and feel like we are friends already (does that sound creepy?).   

Hi everyone!!! I'm Amy! I was so flattered when Emily asked me to do a guest post for her. This is my first guest post & so hopefully I won't disappoint. You can check out my blog {Dreaming In Cashmere} anytime you'd like!! I LOVE new visitors & followers!:)
 

 Jacket: Gap, similar but in khaki here(only $34.99) or this RL one Tank: {Gap} in misty rose Pants: {Target} or {splurge} Shoes: Nordstrom, same pair here (only $39.99) Bag: Nordstrom, similar here (only $38) Bracelets: Michael Kors via {Nordstrom} & Banana Republic, lusting over this Kate Spade one Ring: Banana Republic, love this one & this one too! Necklace: c/o {Jennifer Zeuner} Shades: Michael Kors via TJ Maxx, love these Kate Spades or these Lanvins. A deal at Nordstrom Lips: {MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Shy Girl} , {MAC lip pencil in Whirl} & {MAC Tinted Lipglass in Pink Lemonade}    

You know sometimes when you see something and think you are going to definitely love it and then you see something and think maybe you'll like it...well those feelings can pretty much sum up this post.
 
When I saw this jacket online a little over a month ago, I had a crush on it instantly. Luckily, I had to go exchange some items. When I got there & discovered that they were having 30% off, it was a no-brainer...I had to try the jacket on. (Note to self & other shoppers: If you are on a shopping freeze, do not try something on that you think you may like.) I put it on & I knew that I could not leave the store without it!!! It needed a nice warm place to call home & that place was going to be my closet! Plus, it was the last one in my size. I had no choice, really. This jacket was definitely a yes!!
 
On the other hand, I've been seeing all of these other fashionistas donning their adorable floral pants, I just didn't think they would suit me. It was a really big maybe on whether or not I wanted to indulge in this trend. While shopping online for Star Wars gifts, I spotted these floral pants and thought they were pretty cute. The price was just right(only $22.99). I usually don't spend a lot of money on pieces that I think are quite trendy & may only exist in my closet for a short period of time. So, my maybe turned into I'll give them a try. Well, I tried them on & much to my surprise I really liked them! What do you all think of floral pants? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
 
Don't forget to visit me at {Dreaming In Cashmere}. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!

8 comments:

  1. Good thing you bought the pants because they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on the pants. You are working them perfectly!

    Oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice on the shopping freeze! I do that all the time, so not good when you are trying to save. Love all of your jewelry, so nice. Great job guest posting girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pants look great! I love them on you. This outfit is adorable. I so wish I had that jacket...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those pants! I've been wanting to get them but I've already spent my Sept. budget...haha! I'm just waiting for it to be October so I can officially buy them!! Love the green jacket too.
    ~Jessica
    www.jeansandateacup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these pants look awesome on you. And I love that they are a darker color, so it makes them perfect for the upcoming season. I think you styled them perfectly!
    Meredith
    www.createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love floral pants!! You look great
    Beijos, Ana
    www.anainstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. she's adorable - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.