Sunday, September 23, 2012

Guest Post-Because Shanna Said So

Today I have Shanna from Because Shanna Said So guest posting for me.  This girl is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE.  She is one of those people that I feel like I know, although we've never met.

Hi, I am Shanna from Because Shanna Said So. Here is the 411 in case you have NO IDEA who I am. I blog about fashion (a.k.a. my personal outfits), beauty obsessions and random life happenings. I try not to take myself too seriously and from time to time, have no problem making fun of myself.

 I am super excited to be taking over Emily's blog today while she is off on a New York adventure with her hubs. Hope you are having fun, Emily. Looking forward to my Empire State Building souvenir statue!

Today I wanted to share with you five of my favorite trends for the fall season. These are in no particular order and I love them all equally. I wish I could post the other five that I am lusting over, but maybe we can save that for another day and time.

Okay, so here we go.

The Shift Dress

First up is the shift dress.
This is one style that we can all wear and it can be easily remixed as a tunic when belted. 
Throw on some skinny jeans or a pair of leggings and you have a completely different look.

Leopard Print
 

In my humble opinion, leopard is a print that is timeless. Whether you like it or not, it is popping up everywhere, dresses, shoes, scarves, clutches, belts, denim...you name it. Make sure to have at least one piece of this print in your closet.

The Vest

This vest is probably the most versatile piece you could own this season. It is sold out online at Old Navy, but I have still seen it in local stores. I am also sneaking in a 6th trend that I am adoring, short boots. They look great with skirts, dresses and skinny denim. 

Printed Denim

Here is a trend that I was weary of at first, printed denim...especially floral printed denim. But, now I am in LOVE. Again, this is a trend that you will continue to see in all of the stores. There are a variety of designs and prints popping up all over the place. Make them your statement piece.

Polka Dots
 

And last but not least, polka dots. This is one print that I can't get enough of. I have more dots hanging in my closet than I do solids. It's getting a bit out of control. Polka dots are fun to mix with other patterns like stripes, floral or even other polka dotted fabrics. 

What fall trends are on your top list? 

Thanks again, Emily, for inviting me over today! I hope each of you stop by and see me sometime! 
I love making new friends and discovering new blogs!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous guest post - I LOVE Shanna and all her outfits :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these looks! Love your blog!

    www.thestylestorm.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I love Shanna and her blog. All gorgeous outfits!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me today, Emily! Hope you are having the time of your life in NY!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post!! great outfits... especially the vest with the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love each of these trends! I plan on wearing each one this fall! Love the outfits you created!
    Meredith
    www.createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shanna can work ANY outfit!!! But yes...I am loving all these for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Shanna's blog. I just found it a few weeks ago:) Love all of her picks!! I have those floral pants and love them.
    xo, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shes so stylish! Need to go check out her blog now!

    xo, Courtney
    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the leopard look and the adorable polka dots outfit - goodness you are gorgeous <3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love all these looks! I especially love the neutral tones! Perfect for this season if you ask me :)

    oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.