Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sunflowers

My parents have the most beautiful yard and gardens.  In the winter when I go through my summer memories, you know on those particularly dreary days that you need something to toast inside as well as out, our family is always there.  So today's post comes courtesy of their front yard.
This top I felt was perfect for the day as it is called "Cool Ethnic Sunflower," and reminds me of late summer sunflowers.  This is what we are experiencing right now, the wrap up of summer.  I know I talk too much about it, but ours has been particularly spectacular this year. 

I went to Michaels today to get something, and they had their Halloween stuff up with fall florals everywhere.  For some reason it smelled like fall (those flowers are fake right?)  I had a smidgen of excitment.  My kids have all chosen what they want to be for Halloween, I have already been boot shopping (online), school starts in a week and a half so I guess it is up to me to get with the program.  I just can't help dragging my feet.  I am hoping that I can get excited once school starts....we'll see :)
Top: c/o Ragazza Bazzaar | Jeans: Bohme Boutique | Shoes: Aldo | Jewelry: Ebay and F21 | Sunnies and Bag: Ross

Don't forget to enter my Giveaway!!

 
Silly Happy Sweet

25 comments:

  1. I love your top!!
    you look very pretty
    kisses from Milan
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun top!! You look lovely!
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this whole outfit! The top and the necklace look great together and your parents do have a pretty yard!

    www.everydaywitharedhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Love those hints of orange and turqoise!!

    xoxo lorena

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous top! I love it paired with the white jeans and bubble necklace. You should be on a very expensive yacht (is there an inexpensive yacht???) drinking champagne:)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright colors in the top! I can't believe stores already have Halloween stuff out and it's still August! I wish they wouldn't push holidays so far in advance.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter to win a gift card (open internationally!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun top! Sunflowers are prob one of my fav flowers!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit! I'm loving the bohemian feel to the shirt!
    I decided yesterday that Winter/Fall is sometimes depressing because of all the hype during Summer!
    No school, beautiful weather, sunshine, concerts and fun in abundance...and then Winter. Snow (for me), school and staying indoors till you're pasty white. Although I am looking forward to Winter clothes and shoes! You'll have to bare with me, I live in Montana-Fall is practically non-existent.
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful outfit, lovvvvvve that necklace and your shirt <3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have twinner necklaces! Love the colors in your outfit and love your white jeans too! I can't wait for your guest blog post :)

    Mindy at www.nauticalstripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure where I found your blog, but loved you style. THEN, I saw your family blog was True Blue Aggies Fans and I cannot tell you how happy that made me. I love me some Aggies too. :) New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mindy! I always LOVE to meet fellow Aggies! We all need to stick together :) So fun to "meet" you!

      Delete
  12. Your parent's yard is gorgeous and so is this top!!! In love!!! Any scarf inspired steals my heart! ;)
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. EMILY, you look FAB! The tunic looks lovely with the white jeans, and as always, you rock the accessories...

    Thank you for being the perfect RAGAZZA BAZAAR MODEL!

    www.ragazzabazaar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! Thank you also for the feature on your site! I am honored!!

      Delete
  14. That shirt is amazing...love the colors and how you styled it with the necklace!! I am so ready for fall... I have already started working on the boys costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving that top Emily! And I'm super excited for the fall - fall smells are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for following me!! Love this outfit! Following you back :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That top is so pretty!! I love it. Its perfect with plain white jeans so it really stands out.

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad you've had such a fantastic summer. The print on your shirt is perfect for this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.