Monday, August 6, 2012

Pink and Polka Dots



I am once again finding myself it the "getting ready to go out of town" mode.  Josh and I are going to Southern Utah to Lake Powell for a few days with his company.  I am so excited, but it is always exhausting getting everything ready for when we are gone. 
 It doesn't help that our A.C. went out!  I am miserable.  We have people coming to fix it tomorrow, but in the mean time we are all dying at our house.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon!!
 Now for today's Olympic moments (you know I have to talk about them) that were my favorite.  First for me was the incredible win the U.S. had in soccer (I wouldn't last 5 minutes on that field!  That is a rough game).  It was intense and those girls have some serious skills.

My very favorite was Kirani James of Grenada winning the Men's 400 meters.  One of the reasons I loved it was because it was the first medal ever won for his country (he had an emblem of his country on his uniform and he kept kissing it.  It was the sweetest thing ever) and the other reason is that Kirani is such a class act.  Graciousness is so under estimated these days.  He is the one that traded his front tag (no idea what that was called) with Oscar Pistorius out of respect for him after they raced.  He also went and greeted all of the other runners that he raced against.  

Oh  my goodness, people are so cool!  I have been so inspired by so many things in this Olympics.  
 Dress: Loft (similar, which I adore) | Cardi: Banana Republic (similar) | Shoes: Aldo (similar) | Bag: Nine West via Ross | Sunnies Ross (similar) | Jewelry: F21 and Jcrew

25 comments:

  1. loving your pink and polka dot look! Sadly I dont have cable and haven't had the chance to watch any of the olympics!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress Emily and the pop of yellow is a fabulous touch!

    xo Amy


    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh this is so pretty honey,love those colors!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing color combination. pretty yellow detail :)
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to get some polka dots now. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress with pops of pink and yellow! Have fun at the lake!

    Kristen
    www.everydaywitharedhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute look!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful outfit!! I love the bright cardigan and belt - my wardrobe is seriously lacking in the bright colored skinny belt department, I need to fix that. Agreed on Kirani James, what an amazing runner with great sportsmanship! I was rooting for him the whole time and it was so awesome/inspiring to see him win the first medal for his country which just so happened to be gold. Have a fun time at the lake and try to stay cool (I lived without AC for 2 years, I feel your pain!)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look SO pretty! Oh I loved watching Kirani James win gold too. Did you see the part where he was being interviewed on his win during the medal ceremony for one of the US women who won gold. He asked the interviewer to pause because he didn't want to disrespect the national anthem while it was playing. I mean, doesn't that just make you love him more! A man of class. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, I love it when countries get their first medal. It sounds like it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

    By the way, I'm also wearing pink with polka dots today! Must be something in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know! I'm loving the Olympics this year too!

    You look absolutely lovely! Have a good time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your AC gets fixed ASAP! Love the pink & yellow with that dress - so pretty :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely dress!
    This is my first year watching the Summer Olympics (I've watched the Winter). I didn't really enjoy the first sports, but I really enjoyed the gymnastics, swimming and such-I guess the more personal sports versus team-just more interesting to me!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that pink cardigan! It really pops against the dress. The yellow is a great accent color, as well.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a pretty polka dot dress! I love the splash of color you added with the bright pink jacket :)

    Enter to win a dress from Alainn Bella!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  17. This dress is so cute!!!! I want!


    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing in this!


    -True

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful outfit! Love the little pops of colour too, so lovely against the black dress! You look gorgeous <3
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely look!
    pink color make your look more beautiful,
    following you now
    hope we can follow each other

    xo
    www.jiglycious.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow!!!^^
    this is so beautiful, sweetie ;)
    i love the colors :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. really cool look! Love the pop of color the cardigan and belt give to the outfit!
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pink is my favorite so I like yours suits very much, of course the long dress and the tote bags also very great! But think about the next winter, I believe you will need some fox fur collar leather jacket and that's yours style too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.