Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pastels


 Today I got a little desperate with the Olympics.  Somehow I ended up watching ping pong...and got sort of into it. 
 The Olympics are such a display of incredible human beings and I even found myself being in awe of the ping pong players!  I just know I could never do that.  Who are these amazing people?  Also coming from a parent of boys that are in sports, those parents should get a gold medal for being so supportive.  I am sure there were times when these sports ran their familys' lives but I am so impressed with their support of their kids and their dreams.
 Tonight we let the kids stay up and made s'mores in the backyard with some of our good friends.  I love summer nights.  I love the perfect temperature, the amazing smell and really every time we are outside as the sun crawls behind the mountains I get that feeling that all is well with the world.  I am such a schedule person that it is hard for me to let the boys stay up too late and deviate from our evening routine, but every once in a while I have a heroic moment and the boys get to stay up and experience those perfect moments with us.  Tonight was one of those nights.  I hope to get a lot more in before school starts in a month. 
Shirt: Old Navy | Jeans: Bohme Boutique | Belt and watch: Buckle | Bag: Aldo (love this one) |
 Bracelet: Jcrew | Shoes: Sperry | Sunnies: Nordstrom


Don't forget to enter my giveaway, it ends August 2 at 5:00 MST

25 comments:

  1. I've been so in love with pastels lately, I really like the soft blue with your yellow pants. (How fantastic are yellow pants? They're like wearing a beam of sunshine!) Those boat shoes look both adorable and super comfy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your minty gingham blouse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit, especially the shirt! Very cute!

    xx Amy


    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this outfit xx Following you on GFC xx

    www.trendstruck.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look adorable - and don't worry, i've been watching SO MUCH water polo. holy moly. the water polo i've watched.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that combo! Newest follower here!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colors are amazing together! And I agree with the olympics - I was getting into beach volleyball last night even though I really don't understand why there is normal voleyball and beach voleyball? But I got sucked in. And I have to say my favorite event to watch is diving, it's so amazing! PS-I am hungry for smores now!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo the Olympics. The worst is in the winter when I was watching curling. What is curling?! I still don't get it! Haha!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit, those pants are fantastic - I adore the butter yellow colour, especially with that light blue top!
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. very beautiful look, I just found your blog and following you, I really like your style
    have fun with blogging
    kisses from Milan
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty look! i'm loving pastels together!

    xoxo,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look. Love the pastel trend this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the combination of those yellow pants with that gingham top! Such a pretty and preppy combination!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's not to love here??Pictures,you,everything;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. These colors look great together! If you get a sec, I would love to hear your thoughts on my latest post. xo

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are soooooo pretty in pastels, dear! Love that gingham shirt!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look awesome and I totally agree with you about the Olympics--I never knew I was soo into rowing and weight-lifting!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your gingham with the yellow. This is the perfect summer ensemble! I love that you let the boys stay up, summer nights are made for memories and it sounds like they just had a new one to add to the list..

    xx Jenee C.
    http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know, right! The Olympics completely amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Olympics AND s'mores in the backyard... sounds like a fabulous summer day! I really do enjoy all of the Olympic sports... imagining myself doing any of those sports (even ping-pong) makes me laugh! haha
    Love your styling here... perfect summer gingham top (one I can't believe I don't have in my closet!)
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love those pants. You look amazing!

    xo
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this outfit! casual and cool

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh yes, after your green jeans i'm in love with your yellow one too :)))
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the pastel color palette paired with the boat shoes. Smores sounds like the ideal summer night.. thanks for the great idea!

    xx
    Ashley
    http://www.goldendivine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. 2nd favorite! The plaid and the yellow...so pretty and chic....NICE LOOK!
    www.ragazzabazaar.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.