Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Guest Post-Nautical Stripes

I am heading to Lake Powell first thing tomorrow morning for some boating and sun.  In the mean time, I asked a couple of my favorite bloggers to fill in for me for a couple of days.  The first is Mindy from Nautical Stripes.  I adore her style and I am sure you will to! 


Hello, Creamy Readers!  This is Mindy from Nautical Stripes.  Sweet Emily asked me to guest blog today and I feel honored to fill in while she is on vacation!  So, I'm not sure about you all, but I have had extreme Olympic fever.  Yes, it is constantly playing in my home and I am addicted.  For the opening ceremonies, I got together with a bunch of friends and even made homemade scones and clotted cream in honor of our friends across the pond.  In any case, I thought my red, white, and blue outfit would be an appropriate salute (if that's what you want to call it) to our US athletes.  In all reality, I suppose the colors could also be France's, Thailands, GB's, etc...oh well. 

Well, I suppose it isn't a surprise that I'm sporting nautical stripes, but I can't help but pair J.crew's bateau top with their bright red Minnie pants (the spandex content makes them ridiculously comfy).  The outfit is comfortable, yet put-together enough to run errands, grab lunch with friends, or even cheer for Team USA at an event.  Wish I were in London...


I wasn't going to wear the necklace because I didn't want to be too matchy, matchy; however, it ended up tying the outfit together and breaking up the wide stripes.  The J.crew-style necklace was purchased through eBay along with my navy bracelet, which were both a steal.  I added my navy Michael Kors leather bag, practical Franco Sarto bone-colored leather loafers.  I topped off the look with a orange-red lipgloss by NARS in the shade "Wonder."


Top: J.crew | Pants: J.crew | Bag: Michael Kors via TJMaxx | Jewelry: eBay | Loafter: Franco Sarto via Marshall's | Lip gloss: NARS in Wonder

I know I can never fill in Emily's place, but it truly was a pleasure to visit and please feel free to stop by Nautical Stripes!

31 comments:

  1. i popped over to say hello to emily but am also so happy to have found your blog! loving this nautical inspired outfit!

    emily~have a FAB time at Lake Powell!!!

    xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily thanks for featuring this blogger:)! You have great taste my dear! Enjoy your vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the guest blogger Emily, have a great vacation!

    Amy


    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look!!!
    love that pants!!
    kisses from Milan
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Mindy! You are such a classy, beautiful gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! I hope you are doing well and you are quite classy/beautiful yourself :)

      Delete
  6. fantastic post and Thanks for sharing this info. It's very helpful.
    guest house in jaipur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll need to check out your blog!

      Mindy

      Delete
  7. love strioes and red together~!! )
    adore this <33


    Olga
    http://www.myblondegal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous outfit, I love your style! What a great bag you found at TJ Maxx too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I got pretty lucky! I'm always on the hunt for a good find :)

      Delete
  9. That is amazing! The necklace and trousers are absolutely gorgeous!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI: the trousers are on sale now at J.crew.com!

      Delete
  10. Love your guest post Emily and that Nautical outfit is just amazing...
    Today I'm wearing Nautical too @ happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this outfit! can't wait to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful guest post! I have never seen her blog before, she's so gorgeous and SO stylish!!!
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a classically chic outfit! Love the red statement necklace!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! I LOVE the title of your blog btw. Spot on :)

      Mindy

      Delete
  14. That statement necklace is so gorgeous...and I love the stripes/skinnies, so classic!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cambria! Love your blog btw :)

      Mindy

      Delete
  15. This has Jcrew written all over it! I love it!

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mission: Accomplished! haha thanks Ilse!

      Mindy at www.nauticalstripes.com

      Delete
  16. Hi Mindy, you look fresh out of a J.Crew catalog! I am in love with your bag, can't believe you found it at TJ Maxx. And where are posing from? Is that a classroom you're in? I love it, love everything about this. Off to visit your blog now.

    xx Jenee C.
    http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! We really are sister blogs. Excited to follow you!

      Delete
  17. I love this outfit!!! I want to wear it today. I need to try on the minnie pants, I've heard such great things about them.
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI: The red minnie pants from J.crew are now on sale on their website! Check it out :)

      I'm going to check out your blog now!

      Mindy at www.nauticalstripes.com

      Delete
  18. GREAT LOOK! Love the Tange ... Classy and Casual.
    www.ragazzabazaar.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.