Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bright White and a Winner!!

 Hello Lovelies.  Hope your weekends were WONDERFUL.  We had a good one.  We went to the funeral of my husband's grandmother.  It was one of those peaceful inspiring ones where the person being remembered was just amazing and someone we were all just grateful to have known.  She and her husband we the cutest couple and now they are together again.  She definitely was such a lovely woman, we were all lucky to know her.

 After the funeral we headed to my little Palmer's first real football game...it wasn't so lovely.  He played the whole game running with a slight limp from a recent soccer injury.  I was so proud of him that he played so hard.  They ended up losing 25-0.  It's a work in progress.  I am sure it will get better :)

Dress: Jcrew | Bag: Kate Spade | Shoes: Aldo | Sunnies: Banana Republic Outlet | Bracelet: Jcrew

The Winner of the Skincare RX giveaway (from way back...sorry!!) is Jessi from  haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com.  Congratulations Jessi!!

 Now a mommy moment...  I read to my boys most nights before they go to bed.  We have discovered that it gets them to quiet down.  We first read scriptures and then we read one or two chapters of a book.  I am a huge lover of the Harry Potter books.  I couldn't wait for the day when I could read them with my boys.  I tried a few times, but they just weren't that into them.

Finally this past few months I tried again and they loved it this time!  We finally finished it and decided to have a little celebration.  We invited my sister and her family over, I made some fun treats and and we watched the first Harry Potter on our projector. 
 My boys have been characters from the Harry Potter books for a few Halloweens so we had some fun costumes for them to dress up in.  We even had Butterbeer (recipe here) that was SO yummy.  It was a fun little celebration.


stillbeingmolly

 
pleated poppy

25 comments:

  1. you look lovely in white!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm big Harry Potter's fan also, and still waiting for the moment my 9th year old girl to read the books. at this moment i think she is not ready yet. you look amazing in this white dress :)
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the loss of your husband's grandmother! On happier news, loving the white dress! Beautiful!

    Amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous in that dress! Really suits you well, especially with the red lips:)
    Ps Love the Harry Potter costume:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that white!! And I love his little Harry Potter costume! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother.

    You look so pretty in the white dress, Emily! The photo of your son in his Harry Potter costume is TOO cute!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my group giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful in this white dress! Love the Harry Potter costume, so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a beautiful dress, you look so lovely <3
    Great HP costume - totally adorable <3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all the fabulous white outfits you've been wearing lately! I'm sorry to hear you lost a family member but glad to hear the funeral was truly a celebration of a wonderful life and more of a happy experience. Also loving the Harry Potter party/costume...how cute!

    Stephanie
    twenty-something

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing ! this dress really suits you :)
    All the photos are lovely. Would you like to follow each other ? I'll be honored.

    Have a wonderful day and take care !

    XOXO
    Pauline-Marie
    http://iftheworldwouldend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, your son is adorable! Looks like you had a fun time and what cute ideas! You look so pretty and summery! I love your lipstick, btw. What is it? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice dress!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry for your loss. We both have had a tough week, huh? On a brighter note, at least you look fab in that awesome dress!

    xo, jill from www.classywithakick.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry for your loss, but it sounds like it was more of a celebration of life! So sweet that they are back together in Heaven now. And yay for the Harry Potter reading! That is awesome! Love that picture...so CUTE! And of course you look gorg!! :)
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just having a nosy through your blog. You have so many lovely clothes. You closet must be huge! Am also slightly mesmerised by the mountains in the background of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Harry Potter!! You definitely need to head over to Harry Potter land in Florida! It's so amazing! Great blog! Would you want to follow each other!?

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your bag... Cute outfit!

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love coming up with everything for themed parties :) Looks like yours was a blast! Great white dress.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother.
    Looks like the HP party was fun! Love how you paired the white and brown!

    Kristen
    www.everydaywitharedhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. this white dress is perfection!! Its so fresh and effortless!

    oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay!! Can't believe I won! Thanks :) you look so good in white girl!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the white dress! It looks fantastic on you!! I need to start reading books with my boys at bedtime.
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this dress. You look radiant in white!

    Clare
    understatedclassics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.