Monday, July 9, 2012

Green and Black

   Today I saw a couple of blogs that talked about the transition that is beginning to happen on the shelves of shops everywhere to autumn clothes.  To be honest I just felt sick about it!!  I love fall fashion, but I am not ready to give summer up.  We still need to build a lemonade stand, make homemade ice cream and we haven't even done a museum yet!  There is much to do, we'd better get going because every day we are closer to the end...
 You may have noticed my recent love to head scarves.  I really have been loving them lately.  Summer hair is so much harder for me as well.  There are only so many ways I can pull it up and a scarf adds some fun interest. 
 Tonight we had our family night and rode our bikes over to a local shaved ice place for a treat (can I just say shaved ice with ice cream in the bottom and some sweet and condensed milk concoction poured over the top heaven).  Josh always goes first and I am at the back as we ride (it is quite the parade) and I was just thinking how much our kids like to hang out with us, and how I am guessing that will only last a few more years.  It made me sort of sad and happy about where we are in life all rolled into one.  I definitely don't think I'll know what to do with my life when I have time to do all I want to and a quiet house.  I need to remember that when the boys are laughing uncontrollably at the dinner table (which happened tonight) or they want me to play checkers with them (happened last week).  As much as this life of mine is far from glamorous I sure love it and wouldn't have it any other way.  Thanks for indulging my rant.  Deep thoughts going on tonight :)
Top: Bohme Boutique (love this one) | Jeans: Bohme Boutique | Belt: unknown (similar) | Shoes: Aldo | Bag: Nine West via Ross | Sunnies: Ross (similar) | Jewelry: F21 (recent) | Head Scarf: Ann Taylor
pleated poppy

30 comments:

  1. Love the green pants!!


    Followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those green pants!! It's great with the neutral colors.
    So, your brother lives in Alpine? That's where my parents live and they were right next to the fire as well! Wonder if they're neighbors...Haha.

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessi! I wonder if they are neighbors! His name is Steve Palmer. You should ask them. They just moved in a few months ago.

      Delete
  3. Love it ,you look amazing! Great Style!
    Want ask if we can follow each other? :)

    Wish you a happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty look. You look fantastic.
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. those green pants are amazing!! and i totally agree - i am NOT ready for fall fashions to come into stores yet. i mean, seriously. it's 110 degrees out right now... literally.

    still being [molly]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! love the pants with the top. The pants make the outfit! Thanks for following :)
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those mint pants! I can't even think about fall clothes especially in this heat. We're not even halfway through the summer yet!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit! And I totally agree, makes me mad when shops start trying to sneak the next season's clothes out soooo early - I'm not falling for it haha! :)

    Life Etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute head scarf! And those green skinnies are rockin.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love black and green is a perfect combination, I love your sandals.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great coloured jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know exactly what you mean - I HATE that Fall stuff is out already - so crazy! Love this look Emily, and that bag is so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you're having such a good summer, and love this outfit! You are so glamorous. And I agree that the fall stuff makes me ill - not so much b/c I want more summer, but because it will be in the 100's here until October - fall is my favorite season and I just don't get a proper one here in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great in this outfit! those pants are fab!
    Ps. I'm your newest follower - would love for you to follow me back! xo

    allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely outfit, so glam! Great colour jeans too!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the scarf headband - something about just looks so European chic!




    Stop by!
    http://hereaway.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/XtiffanychenX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute cute cute, Em!! I love the stripe shirts and skirts... Darling! I'm gonna have to stop into target and Old navy for some cuteness. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice black + green combo!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, I can't even think about Fall right now. It doesn't even really hit us until the end of October or early November. Love the look and the head scarf!! Classy per usual!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want pants that color! I love the shoes!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree, we shouldn't start thinking about Fall until August... my birthday is mid August, and I can't think about going back to school or shopping for Fall until after it is over! Love your black + teal color blocking!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with you! I an not ready for summer to be over yet! Damn retail is always way ahead schedule.. target has back to school stuff that has replaced summer stuff! SAY WHAT!? Love this outfit!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am not happy that fall stuff is out , it just officially became summer. I love your head scarf. I wore one today to the pool, it makes your swimming hair look so much more chic.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way good idea, I am going to do that next time I go to the pool!

      Delete
  24. Love the color of those pants...so pretty! And love that you went with all black accessories. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it all. Head scarves are perfect for summer hair. They are timeless, really. I have green skinnies and they are perfect with blacks/greys...

    Coming @ you via WIWW at The Pleated Poppy.
    xoxo
    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  26. This color combo is so great! Well, the pants are so awesome - period. Love this green!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the colour of these pants, really nice outfit! And yea I agree I'm not ready to give up summer to :)

    xx
    N.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.