Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pink and Navy


 I hope you all had a WONDERFUL weekend!!!  Ours was definitely lovely.  I had the chance to go to another cooking class, this one about chocolate (yes please!!) and learned to make chocolate sauce, chocolate soup, chocolate semifreddo, and chocolate torte.  After we make the foods we eat them, and let me tell you...it was a good day for eating.
 Josh and our boys ran a 5K on Saturday.  It was my 8 year old's FOURTH one.  That kid really is so determined.  My 7 year old ran his first one and my 6 and 2 year old finished the last little bit running (Josh had them in the running stroller).  Apparently my 2 year old had his special doggy and blanket with him in the running stroller and when Josh got he and his brother out of the stroller to run the last little bit apparently he gave them to Palmer (who has already finished), saying "hold this" and headed up running.  I am sad that I missed it, it sounded so funny.
 My hair this summer rotates between high bun, medium bun and low bun...I need to branch out.  My hair is so HOT right now!!  Summer is so fun, but it is definitely a fashion challenge :)

Another fun thing that happened on Saturday I went shopping with a girlfriend!!  That NEVER happens.  Shopping usually happens online, or quickly when the kids are asleep.  We had a great time, and hit up Old Navy for all of the cute stuff they have lately.

The saddest thing is that I bought these cute pants and they fit so WEIRD!  Has anyone else bought these?  I LOVE the print and I bought the tall version so I love where they hit on my leg, but the top is so strange.  The waist is so high and the pockets flare out crazily.  I am trying to decide if I want to keep them and have them altered or take them back...I am so disappointed.
Top: Old Navy | Jeans: Bohme Boutique | Sandals: Aldo | Bag: Aldo (similar) | Sunnies: Ross | Jewelry: Jcrew, Unknown, and F21

18 comments:

  1. I love navy and pink together (in fact, I wore the same color combo to church today)!

    Cooking classes?!? I am uber jealous - I have been dying to take some locally, but with my husband's schedule it just isn't working out. I hope you share some tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loving the color of your jeans...great buy:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. even cooking class sounds fun when it's not at home :))) i like the pants, from the picture i can't see anything unusual. lovely color combination :) have a wonderful week.
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shirt!! super cute


    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jeans are gorgeous! If I were to flip a fashion dictionary and look for the meaning of 'True All American Style', I'd see you there! Very fresh, clean and practical!

    xxx
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY where Fashion and Food collide!
    New Post : STRIPES AND DENIM - KIDS PLAY
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/07/stripe-and-denim-kids-play.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these two colors together! (they were my wedding colors, hehe). That chocolate cooking class sounds amazing, I am drooling just thinking about it! I run out of ways to do my hair too in the summer, it's just too hot to wear it down anymore.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never go wrong with pink pants and a giant bun! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute look! I love the stripes with the bright capris!
    HEathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute outfit, loveeee those pants!
    xx





    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit, love the mix of colors!
    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolate cooking class sounds amazing! Love this outfit - the colors are so fun, and the striped top is too cute :)

    annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit, the colors look great on you! <3

    xoxo
    www.thefashionmoodboard.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the low bun look, so classic. You look fabulous! I love pink and blue together. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  14. They don't look weird but maybe they just have a strange feel when you wear them? I have that same shirt from Old Navy. Do you find that the ruffles never look straight and wander off to one side? It drives me CRAZY! You look so great--lucky you to be so tall!
    Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Carolyn! I have totally noticed that on one of my ruffle tops, it drives me crazy!

      Delete
  15. Okay, you need to come teach me all this chocolate business! ;) And you fam is so healthy and athletic. That is awesome you guys made it a family affair. And I have the same issue with pants from ON lately. They just don't fit right. If you don't think you are going to like them....send them back! ;) You look cute, though!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have an amazing styling sense..I loved stripes and especially that sock-bun .. beautiful !!

    New post up.
    Love
    Shilpi
    www.pinkjasminestyling.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. pink and navy look so good on you. two of my fave colors together :) and now i want chocolate.... LOL :)

    still being [molly]

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.