Monday, July 30, 2012

Peplum and Football Tryouts


 Unexpected title huh?  No, I didn't try out for a football team, but I have to admit, after practicing with Palmer for his tryout this past week, I may have missed my calling in life.  I've got a mean spiral.  I have to admit, I am not the sportiest of girls.  Josh is always a good sport to take me to Jazz games and I sit and tell him whose clothes are cute, or who has cute kids...ya know, I don't really focus on the game.
 I married a die hard sports fan who played every sport when he was growing up and then to top it off we had 4 boys.  I have figured that it is high time I embrace sports and I have actually tried to figure out all of these crazy games. 
 I have definitely gotten better and I have to tell you I know Josh totally loves me like crazy if I can remember who plays for what team, so I have tried to figure it all out.  Our boys play a million sports.  They are in competition soccer, we are also in tennis right now and swimming.  They also play baseball, flag football and basketball during those seasons.  We have not yet experience tackle football however.  In our area you can play at 7 years old .  Thanks to flag football I was able to push it back for as long as possible. 
 Well, the day has come.  He has decided that he would rather do football than anything else.  Josh is thrilled, and I am freaking out. 
 I mean pads?  He is too little for this.  And we are okay with him going out onto a field and getting smashed to the ground?  What?  Who invented this game? 
 Today Palmer had tryouts.  I was totally going to stay home so I didn't freak out, and then I couldn't just stay home so I watched.  I had to keep reminding myself to breath.  Luckily one of Palmer's friends who's mom happens to be my friend was also there and it was much easier watching it with her.  But I was still dying.  We made it though day two and he has to go back tomorrow.  I guess we'll see. 

 And in the mean time this is a very good time for me to learn to calm down and not freak out any time my kids do something new...working on it.
Top: ASOS (similar) | Skirt: Banana Republic (similar here) | Shoes: Steve Madden | Jewelry: Jcrew and unknown | Bag: Nine West via Ross | Sunnies: Nordstrom | Belt: F21

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!

28 comments:

  1. I am loving peplum right now and your look is so classic and pretty! I especially love your belt and shoes, they finish it off perfectly. Oh, and your sons look so cute in their football uniforms.

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, I'm loving it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is what we all do as parents to "calm down" :))) looking great in your black and white :)
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit looks beautiful! So chic!

    Best of luck on day 2 with football tryouts, I can only imagine how nerve racking the experience is!

    xx Amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you've had 4 boys, you look amazing!! I love the peplum top on you & it's so cute with the belt.
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing outfit!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.com.es/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your shirt and belt! Super cute


    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this look is so chic, perfect for work as well:) love how you kept the black and white theme!
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love peplum you always look so elegant :) and your kids are so cute :)

    Kiss
    N.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg, you look so fabulous. Adore this post, hun. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post and guest post for Lauren Conrad. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black and white epitome of classic and elgant :)

    who are the kids? they are cute too..



    DANEY
    THE UNCANNY GIRL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They kids are my son and his friend.

      Delete
  12. The peplum top is so sophisticated and I love your hair styled like that! I think I married one of the few men on the planet that don't care at all about sports or watching sports :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the outfit!
    Have fun watching your boys and I know it must hurt when you see them hurt...

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You must be so busy with the boys doing all those sports! They look too cute in their football getup, but I think I would totally be a nervous mom too :) Love the peplum with the pencil skirt - so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful look! Love that top and the skirt, very pretty! Very classy looking!
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I know I am going to sound like a BIG dork, but my eyes started watering and I got the chills looking at these football pictures. I know how proud and nervous you are about the tackle football, but he is going to ROCK it!!! I can only imagine how busy you guys are with 4 boys and sports!!! And of course you look fab today....very Jackie O.
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGoodness I know what you mean. Kaden was in tackle football last year and both of my boys are in it this year--starts this week. It is very nerve wracking indeed. It is hard not to do the mom thing and yell out "MY BABY!!!!" every five seconds, but I am getting better at it.

    I love your peplum top and pretty skirt! Those two tone heels are super cute too. Gotta be cute and girly when you have four boys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a brave woman in that house full of boys! Like you, I know NOTHING about sports. I was even a football recruiter in college, which was nothing short of hilarious. The coaches would have us meet early on Saturday mornings to try to infuse what little football knowledge they could into our brains. That peplum looks so great on you, and I love the belt detail!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am totally and completely impressed that you try to remember who plays for who! I need to work on that :) All those cute little boys will definitely make you a sports fan! You look lovely by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww, he is so cute in those football pads! :) You look very chic in this outfit! The black & white combo is so classic and pretty! Fabulous!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. FOUR boys?! good god woman! you are a saint (in a really cute outfit) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. okay first the peplum is SOOOOOO flattering on you. second, your boys are SO CUTE. rugged. i mean rugged. i LOVE watching little kids play football!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your outfit is really great, so classy but modern as well in this black/white look! And your kids are awesome in their foodball-dresses!!
    xx Katja

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving this very sophisticated look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What cute pics!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This look is so classic and chic. I adore this peplum top on you! Congrats on getting to guest post on pink peonies blog:) I thought your outfits were adorable, xo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.