Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Day at the Beach


Welcome to my 100th post!  I can't believe that I have posted that many things over the last 5 months!  It has been so much fun and so challenging at the same time.  Thank you so much to all of you who kept me going during those times when it was so frustrating (all you style bloggers out there can probably relate...or maybe it is just me :)  Thank you so much for reading and commenting and being a lot of the reason I do this every day.  I have loved all of you who I feel like I have become "blog friends" with over these past months!!!

Some of you know that I recently went to California for the weekend to visit my little sister and her husband.  Can I tell you how much fun I had.  It was a lot of fun packed into a few days.
 The first night I was there we headed to the Santa Monica Pier.  Funny thing is that I was just watching "The Net" and that is the same pier on the movie...feeling cool.  It really was awesome!!  We saw some definite hilarious stuff going on that night.
Then we proceeded to go shopping.  There is just something awesome about shopping with your sisters.  We had a great time, and my BIL is the champ of the year for sticking it out with us.  What a good sport, seriously.
 The next day we went to a couple of beaches.  I definitely could get used to life close to a beach!
 The weather was pretty cool, so this maxi and cardi were the perfect outfit.
 I love the ease and comfort of a maxi dress, but also how cute and fun they are.   They are one of my favorite pieces for summer.
 The beach was so pretty.  It was fun to get away by myself, but I found myself thinking about how much my kids and Josh would love everything we saw.  We found some tide pools full of star fish, fish, anemones, crab etc and I couldn't help but think of how the boys would think it was so cool.  I am definitely bringing them back some time soon!
 Michelle and Tyler hadn't ever tasted Sprinkles cupcakes before, so we found one and indulges.  I am a bit of a fanatic over them.  I could eat about 4 in one sitting, so it is very good Utah doesn't have one.  This baby was a strawberry, which is my favorite and tasted pretty amazing despite the fact I mashed it...
 Later that night we headed to a different beach to see the sites and catch the most beautiful sunset.  It was SUCH a lovely weekend.
 Dress: Love Culture | Hat: Forever 21 (similar) | Cardi: Jcrew | Jewelry: Jcrew and F21 (recent) | Sunnies: Steve Madden via Dillards


In other news, in honor of Pioneer Day (Utah holiday) we headed to the lake today with some good friends to do a little boating. We haven't been for a very long time and we all had so much fun!
Watching Josh wake board was so awesome.  The guy has some mad skills and I was thinking he was pretty hot as he demonstrated them.
 The boys were in heaven and even when it was time to go they wanted more. 
 This gal (who will probably be ticked at me for posting a picture of her in her bathing suit), is one of my photographers and pretty much one of the coolest girls that I know.  We love her and her family.
 Palmer is on the "Trainer Skis".  It helps kids get ready for real water skiing.  My boys felt like rock stars that they could do this and came back to the boat walking on air.
 I think the tube was the favorite thing of the day.  Josh and I had the wildest ride on it and loved every second of it.  We hope to go again soon!


Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!
pleated poppy

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post! Loved your maxi dress that you wore in California! Perfect beach attire!

    Amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations <3 Lovely pictures as always, you look so happy!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your 100th post! and it seriously looks like you guys had a BLAST over the holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your 100th post! Lovely pictures, I´ll be in L.A. in a few weeks and I´m looking forward to visit the beach!!
    xx Katja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 100 posts, Emily! I LOVE the maxi dress and fedora combo...it is so perfect for the beach! The photos of the ocean are gorgeous, looks like such a fun trip!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart Enter my Daisy Rae giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all the beach and lake photos. Ahhhhhh.
    And I love your maxi dress, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beach day look! I miss going shopping with my sister. We haven't done that in a long time!

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your maxi dress! Seems like you guys had a great time. Yay for 100 posts! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only do you look incredible in that maxi dress, you also look like you had a wonderful time! Tubing is SO fun!!! And to top off that day you had awesome, yummy cupcakes! Living the good life =D
    xx
    If you have a free moment I would so appreciate you checking out my new coral + mint outfit post!

    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just by looking your photos I know you had a blast!

    Followed you back :)

    DANEY
    THE UNCANNY GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had such a great time Emily - love the photos! You and your sister are too cute :) And congrats on 100 posts!

    annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun weekend! Thank you for coming! Love that beach outfit and LOVED shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That striped dress is gorgeous and so perfect for the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit! So perfect for the unpredictable beach weather. I understand your longing for the ocean; Idaho is land locked too and only lakes will suffice. Glad you had a fabulous time with your sister, they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous photos, lady! I love the beach so much...and your striped maxi was the perfect thing to wear.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the 100th post! I don't keep track of that stuff, but every so often, I will go to publish a post and be like "wow! I didn't realize I had done that many!" LOL Good for you!

    I love the striped maxi! It is PERFECT on the beach with a hat and sandals.

    Sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing the photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such great pix! looks like you guys are having a fun, fun summer:) that maxi dress is adorable! we are going to have an LA day and hit Sprinkles, too.....can't wait can't wait can't wait! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for 100 posts! You go girl! So happy to be following along on your blogging adventure. I love your photos of the Cali coast. Brings me back to my visits there.

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow I really love your maxi dress, it looks great on you! :)

    Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving that maxi dress, the cupcakes, the beach, and just everything about your blog. New follower here and congratulations on your 100th post. Crazy!

    Amanda at: http://weandserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the big 100!!! Great post to celebrate! Makes me want to go to the beach! LOVE your striped maxi!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay, congrats on 100 posts! An amazing accomplishment...can't wait til I get there too :) I love all the pictures, I'm definitely excited to get to the beach this weekend now! I'm in love with maxis too, I never thought they would work for me since I'm short but I've been pleasantly surprised. Looks like you had a blast!

    Stephanie
    twenty-somethingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That maxi is fantatic! You've only been blogging five months?!? You're doing excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a fun trip!! I love that cute maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Emily - your striped dress is so pretty and it looks like you're having a blast!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am loving that stripe maxi dress! Looks like you had a blast on your trip! ZARA shopping bags are always a good sign.:)
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. love your beach day outfit!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow!!! I am so jealous! The Santa Monica Pier is so fun and cool! That is one of my favorite places to visit. If I didn't live in Texas...that is where I would be! I could definitely get used to living so close to the beach! You looked gorg!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on your 100th post. Looks like you had so much fun!

    Method Clothe

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.