Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

 Alright I know I just posted a look with this necklace, but I was wearing this red, black and white outfit and just thought if I added a bit of blue it might pass for a red white and blue look...alright probably not strictly American colors, we'll just call it a "take" on them :)  Actually this color scheme is similar to the previous post...that's how we roll around here when coming back from vacay...pretty much lucky to get a post at all :)

I have always loved red and turquoise together to the extent that I did our family pictures in those colors a few years back.

 Family in 2008
  I hope you are all having a lovely July the 4th full of good summery things.  Currently I am blogging  when I should be finishing up preparation for a pancake breakfast we are holding tomorrow morning.  I have gotten as far as the center pieces...it might be a long night :)
We always invite our families over the morning of the 4th (my family did it with our church every year while I was growing up and we loved it).  I am kind of a sucker for anything old fashioned especially when it comes to the 4th of July.  We have a pancake bar for breakfast and then do the races such as the 3-legged race, gunny sack races and then the traditional ones.  Josh always plans a crazy obstacle course (and it is usually pretty funny) for everyone to do. After the races the kids decorate their bikes in patriotic streams, ribbons etc and we do a parade around the neighbor hood.  It is just a super fun time.  I am planning on doing a pie eating contest one of these years, but as we just got home from Phoenix this afternoon, this isn't the year.
 If you are interested in seeing our pancake breakfast from last year you can check it out here
Top: Target (similar) | Skirt: Target | Belt: F21 | Shoes: Aldo | Necklace: Jcrew via Ebay (similar or search Jcrew bubble necklace on Ebay), Maceys and gift |
Bracelet: Dillards, unknown and Dillards | Sunnies: Ross | Bag: Jessica Simpson

Here is a little sneak peek of my table centerpieces (I took this picture before I filled up the jar to the top...but you get the idea right?) Please don't mind my stove in the background and the calendar that apparently I haven't looked at since February.

pleated poppy

17 comments:

  1. Loving your take on red white and blue! You even fit in stripes! And I never get tired of seeing that necklace!!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great center pieces.... happy 4th. of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pics...nice necklace..
    kisses
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful 4th of july outfit. Like it
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The breakfast sounds amazing, the pictures are gorgeous, I LOVE your centerpieces and that family picture is ADORABLE!!!! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous!! That necklace is a real statement!! Have a great day, happy fourth of july!!!

    xoxo lorena

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear
    Thanks for your comment some weeks ago on my blog
    You look gorgeous, love your necklace

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit, and I love the bold accessories with it. I really like the centerpieces I would like to try those for next year! very cute. Great posting.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That family photo came out SO cute! I love how coordinated everyone was :) Have a great 4th, Emily!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those wedges. I never shop at Aldo. I always walk in the store and walk out without a thing.

    Method Clothe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, so funny. I always go in and come out wanting the whole store!! :)

      Delete
  11. Super cute outfit! Love the wedges!!
    xx







    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog through Sequins & Stilettos! I'm your newest follower :)

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 4th July! That necklace is seriously gorgeous! It would make any outfit.

    Latest post : BASIC BEST AND STATEMENT NECKLACE
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/07/basic-best-and-statement-necklace.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking very stylish!
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you styled red white and blue! love that necklace too :)

    Chioma
    www.CsEvolutionofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great! I think this totally passes as patriotic! Love your striped skirt!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.