Thursday, July 19, 2012

Date Night

 My wonderful MIL had all of the grand kids at her house tonight (except our 2 year old) and so Josh asked me on a date (yep, he asked and I said yes...he was lucky :)  We took our 2 year old with us to dinner, which is always an experience and then dropped him off with a babysitter while we headed to a movie.

 For the first time in forever he didn't freak out when we left him.  I rarely leave him with babysitters because of the freak out.  Not only that, but I had just taken pictures of all of the grand kids on Josh's side and McKay WOULD NOT be happy for the group picture.  He is crying like crazy in them.  It might have had something to do with a really cool babysitter, and it might have had something to do with the fact that he was watching The Backyardigans when we left.  Either way, we left a happy boy and came home to a sound asleep boy.  Serious brownie points for the babysitter.
 We haven't been to a movie in a while.  We got our standard popcorn and Slurpee (a must) and headed in.  I have to admit that I like the movie previews as much as the movie itself.  For some strange reason I always find myself secretly hoping a preview for a new Harry Potter movie will show.  I think I am still going through withdrawals.  But they did show one for the new Bourne movie, which if any of you follow this blog know that I LOVE a good action movie.  I am a big Bourne fan and so pretty excited about that coming up.  You are too right?  I thought so.
 We ended up watching the new Spiderman movie which I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about.  My poor husband.  Sometimes I am a movie cynic.  We were watching a lot of what was in the other movie and I kept leaning over saying "I feel like we are watching the same movie with different actors."  Good thing he loves me because I might not have been asked out again.  ANYWAY...after the beginning establishing plot thing that they have to have the same as the other movie, it got REALLY good and it was in 3-D, so poor Josh ended the movie with bruises on his arm from where I held on so tight.  A+ movie for me. 
 Now I need to go and pack because tomorrow I get on a plane and head to sunny California to visit my cute sister who moved there a few months ago.  I CAN'T WAIT!  We are planning some serious shopping, eating (on the lookout for a Sprinkles) and I get to take their 1 year anniversary pictures, which will be fun.  It is only a weekend trip so we are packing in what we can.  I am not sure I will know what to do with myself without kids in tow, but I am sure I will figure it out ;)  You follow my adventure on Instagram (emily7n).  Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Top: Forever 21 (recent) | Jeans: Bohme Boutique (similar) | Shoes: Urban Outfitters (similar) | Clutch: ASOS | Jewelry: Forever 21 (recent) | Belt: Dillards

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had fun... I don't have kids and every time someone says that they can't leave their kid with babysitter, I roll my eyes but I guess you don't know, until you've been there...

    Love your hair and outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your shoes match your lips :) You look lovely.

    I can't leave my kids with a babysitter unless it's my Mum or one of my sisters. I'm super lucky that my parents live just around the corner from us and love to have the kids over.

    My husband and I try to have at least one date night a month. It's been a bit hard to queeze just the one date night in ever since baby no. 2 came along but we try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that lipstick, may I ask what it is? Also your clutch is lovely <3

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea! The lipstick is Viva Glam by Mac

      Delete
  4. Cute! Love the black, white and red color combo. You look so classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The polka dot blouse is so pretty! I love this classic color combo on you, Emily! Have a great weekend!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit! Perfect for a movie date :) My boyfriend and I dated long distance for over a year and shockingly, we had never been to a movie together. Even our first movie wasn't in a typical theatre...we went to the drive in! Anyway, we love movie dates now since we've been on so few. I have to agree with the slurpee comment also, it's just not a movie without a huge slurpee! Enjoy your trip to California!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your polka dot blouse (obvi), you look gorgeous. Have so much fun in Cali!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the polka dots! Cute hair, too. I'm such a sucker for braids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute! I'm a sucker for polka dots and this one is definitely classic!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun with your sister! :) Love love this top.

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your top and your clutch. They match! :)

    Want to follow each other? Just let me know! thanks



    Daney
    THE UNCANNY GIRL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We definitely should follow each other. I just followed you, I'd love it if you could follow me back.

      Delete
  12. LOVE this outfit!!! That top is so so so pretty and I love the pop of colour in the shoes - gorgeous look! xx

    If you have a free moment I would so appreciate if you could check out my new post!

    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful, Emily! I also LOVE the previews and am so sad if we're running late and I miss them - most of the time they're better than the movies themselves. ;) Glad you had such a great date night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit! Polka dots... {swoon}. I love previews too... Gets me excited for what's to come. We just went to Batman today and saw the Bourne Legacy preview. I'm so glad they didn't try and portray Jeremy Renner as Jason Bourne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was wondering how they were going to make that transition. I am also glad those Bourne movies aren't ending. They are some of my favorites! I can't wait to see Batman!!

      Delete
  15. Love it! Looks great on you!! And those red lips look really really good!!

    xoxo lorena

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your top and clutch!! Gorgeous outfit!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your polka dot blouse, it looks great on you :)

    Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look really great in skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.