Monday, July 16, 2012

A Couple Shades of Grey


 Grey is one of my very favorite colors of clothing (is grey a color?)  It just goes with EVERYTHING and seems to make everything look good.  Including...itself. 
 Seriously, what's not to love about grey and more grey? And of course a little pop of yellow as yellow and grey continue to be my favorite color combo. 
 In other news, can I tell you how excited I am about the Olympics coming up???  We are Olympic crazy at our house to the point that we got cable for 1 month so we could watch it all day long (we don't have cable because we are cheap and because Netflix is awesome and we can watch it when we want to watch T.V.) 

Our boys are getting excited as well although they are having a hard time dividing their love between the swimmers (their favorite event).  They can't see cheering just for the U.S., they want to pick one specific swimmer and of course they remember all of the excitement that surrounded Michael Phelps in China, so I think their loyalties are set.  I love cheering for the U.S. no matter who is competing, but I especially love all of the stories of dedication and sacrifice that are present in so many of the athletes from around the world.  I think the Olympics are a time to celebrate hard work, dedication and heart that exists in every single person who competes.  Yep, I am SO excited!!  I am also loving the U.S. Olympic uniform designed by Ralph Lauren (seriously one of my favorite designers, I love his crisp classic style).  Check them out here
Top: Jcrew Factory | Pants: Jcrew (similar) | Belt: F21 (similar) | Jewelry: Macys | Sunnies: Nordstrom | Shoes: Steve Madden | Bag: Nine West via Ross

21 comments:

  1. that pop of yellow looks great!! really love this outfit!!

    love K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention it, because I totally just realized that I need to incorporate more grey into my life. Yellow is killer next to the white and grey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love grey as well, think half of my closet is grey;) but it really goes with anything, the perfect neutral:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello EMily!
    Is grey really? It doesn`t look like that, but I love it the touch of yellow on that look.

    xoxo

    http://annchic.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love your sense of style!
    Visit my fashion blog and if it like u, we can follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin!
    let me know!!!!
    kiss
    Lisa S. per www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you spiced up the grey with the pop of yellow! I am such a tv addict that there's no way I could live without cable :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am wearing similiar pants on my blog today but yours are a bit more structured than mine. Perfect pant for summer if you ask me! And I am totally an Olymics fanatic. I got my husband into them too. I can't wait for them to start!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this outfit! the belt adds a perfect amount of color :)

    xoxo,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing outfit, LOVE that bright belt - super cute. I love how you always accent an outfit with a fun pop of colour, you are so creative and stylish <3
    xx





    If you have a free moment I would so appreciate if you could check out my new post!




    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit, I heart grey as well. I am also super excited for the Olympics and swimming is my favorite event!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the yellow pop of the belt! Classy as always! We can't wait for the Olympics either! Gymnastics is by far my fave!
    Shanna
    Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, grey is definitely a color! I'm so glad we aren't the only cheap family. We only use Netflix too. :) I just got so sick of my family being glued to the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, i love the title of this post!! I love grey & yellow together ... it’s one of my fave color combos. And, I am SO excited for the Olympics. Swimming & gymnastics!

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So chic and smart, lve it! X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! Bright colours look really good on you :)

    xx
    N.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clean and chic, nice look on you.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love grey - its a warmer alternative to black! I lOVE that pop of yellow - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're excited for the Olympics, too! If they happen to show any wrestling, look for Sam Hazewinkel. He's my husband's cousin. =)

    I love all of this gray. The pop of yellow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great look. Love the pop of yellow. I'm soo excited for the Olympics too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The yellow belt is the perfect pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i LOVEEE this. and i seriously can't wait for the olympics. for real. FAVORITE TIME OF THE DECADE!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.