Sunday, July 1, 2012

Coral, Cobalt and Turquoise


A lot of my look lately have been ultra casual.  This is what I live in.  I am a stay at home mom of 4 boys.  As much as I love to get dressed up in heels and lipstick, the truth of the matter is that neither of those is practical for my life.  I do however love to dress up casual.
This is probably why I love to play with color so much.  It can add fun to an otherwise super plain outfit.  Throw in a few accessories and you are golden.
I am posting this from Phoenix.  I can't even tell you when the last time is that I have done so much in such a little time.  This trip has definitely been the boys' (and Joshs') dream come true.  We have gone 4-wheeling, horseback riding, to a rodeo, swimming twice, fishing, to a parade, played so many fun games,seen fireworks,  made fun crafts and eaten amazing food.  That was all in 2 days...Tomorrow the only plan we have is to go to the diamondbacks baseball game tomorrow night so we will be exploring Phoenix during the day (any good suggestions from those who live in AZ?)
Shirt: American Eagle | Shorts: Jcrew Factory | Shoes: Famous Footwear | Bag: local bag boutique | Belt: Jcrew | Bracelet: Dillards | Sunnies: Nordstrom | Necklaces: Jcrew via Ebay (similar) and gift

21 comments:

  1. Wow ,the Colours work great together! Beautiful Outfit!

    xoxo ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw the diamond backs play the Angels! Baseball games are so fun! Your boys will have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Phoenix! How do you like the place? My husband has this idea of retiring in Phoenix, Arizona and this year we thought of going there to see aka to convince me ;).. we're going in October if all go as plan :) Love this outfit. I finally found a pair of shorts that is 'flattering' and long enough for me!

    Come and see my latest post 'INTO THE BLUE' HERE:
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/07/into-blue.html#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it! It is definitely so hot during the summer, but I think is is such a fun city. My husband and I go there often and I always come home thinking how fun it is. I am excited to see your new shorts!!
      Creamy

      Delete
  4. I love the color of blue with coral!! super cute


    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Emily,
    You really Rock the Coral! Perfect colors for Phoenix...enjoy the rest of your TRip!
    www.ragazzabazaar.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit! Looks fun and casual!

    Amy

    www.LeopardandLillies.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blues and tangerine is really gorgeous together! Sounds like you're having so much fun on your trip! Sometimes it's fun to cram in as many activities as you can so that you've really experienced everything you can while you're there :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a custom clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove your colorful outfit, so nice for the summer!!
    And your necklace is absolutely perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these colors together! Have fun in AZ!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I see it, I fall more deeply in love with that J. Crew necklace!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you guys had an action packed time!!! So glad you guys got to squeeze in so much!! Loving the color mix! Well done!
    -Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your necklace and great colour combo!

    Kiss,
    N.
    http://nikadressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a cute combination! I love the J. Crew bubble necklace and great pairing with coral shorts. Love!

    Found your blog through Sequins and Stilettos, new follower of you. Hope you will check out mine some time too :)

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog! I am following you back!!

      Delete
  14. I think your dress up casual looks fabulous! I am not a mom but I don't wear heels often so I am always trying to dress up casual.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look FABULOUS! i love the colors of this outfit so much!! and phoenix sounds like my kinda place - i've never been there before!

    still being [molly]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would definitely love it!! so hot, but really fun!

      Delete
  16. cute outfit and so fitting for 4th of July!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color combination! I have been wanting that Jcrew necklace for quite some time now. I actually found another version of it on a Website called YSL Couture for only $50, I might have to buy it, just can't decide which color... Hmm, decisions decisions...

    http://allthingsalisamarie.blosgpot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.