Monday, June 11, 2012

Tangerine and Ocean


 Creative title right?  Don't you think it sounds better than orange and blue?  Hands down this is one of my favorite color combos.  I have a confession, a lot of my outfits aren't really thought out. Sometimes it is more like I am wearing something and think, oh...I think I will take a picture of this. That is what happened tonight and this is what I wore today to my boys' piano recital.
I know I have worn this top in quite a few posts (3 to be exact), but it is just one of my favorites!  It goes so well with so many things.  I promise this is (might be) the last one (but probably not because I love it, but really I will try my best). 

Top: Jcrew Factory (on sale!)| Skirt: DownEast Outfitters (similar) | Shoes: Dillards (similar here and here) | Sunnies: Nordstrom | Bag: Nine West via Ross (similar) | Necklace: Etsy (I saw a necklace similar to this one on Glee worn by the fabulous Emma Pillsbury, back when I when I watched it and had to have it.  I seriously LOVE it!) | Bracelet: Jcrew

 So cute!
Here are a few pictures of the piano recital tonight.  My 7year old is a little bit shy and I was so worried that he was the first one to play his song, but he just got up with so much confidence and played his song perfectly.
My oldest went a few people later and also did such a great job!  This was such a parent pay off moment tonight, although it was also so funny because my 2 year old was playing an ipad (to keep him quiet) and every time he did anything well he would yell "I win!" which was a bit disruptive...and hilarious, but we really did try to get him to be quiet).  It really made all of those hours of helping the boys with piano totally worth it.
In their group picture Palmer put his arm around Lincoln (that doesn't happen very often).  It is blurry because I wanted to get it as big as possible!  Maybe I should frame it and put it in their room to remind them that they really do like each other :) All around it was such a wonderful evening!

14 comments:

  1. Emily thanks for following me!! BTW love your color combination. So vibrant and "fresh"!!
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, orange and blue are fantastic names! But I may be biased since I'm a Florida Gator ;-) I love the top and your boys are so so cute!

    Maria
    www.daintyanddecadent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I guess it would seem pretty strange for the Gators to say their colors are tangerine and ocean!

      Delete
  3. Love the orange stripes with the blue - so fun! And your boys are too cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in these colors, I love the combo. And that necklace is so pretty!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything called "ocean" wins me over! Love the color combo.

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I love the recital pictures so sweet! Love that necklace! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tangerine colour! It's so fresh and bright! Cute stripes too...and what sweet boys.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colors are fabulous together, and on you! What sweet kiddos, and I'm glad the recital went well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your look and your necklace so perfect. Congratulations for your boys play the piano that´s so great.

    xoxo

    Thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete
  10. you looking fabulous.
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your outfit. your boys are so cute. i'm sure your boy is good on piano ;)))
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the necklace!! And the rest of the outfit, orange and blue is a hit with me as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.