Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Splash of Color

 I just about called this post a "glob" of color because there is so much, but doesn't splash just sound better? Well, summer fashion is in full swing.  I find a lot of my summer outfits are pretty boring simple compared to what I wear in colder weather.
 I decided that I was going to try to attempt some excitement with this outfit.  I just started playing with colors and patterns (the crops are a striped seersucker and the navy short polka dot.  It is hard to see in these pictures) and this is what I came up with.
 This was one of those outfits that was FUN to wear.  You know verses something that just "works".  It also was a little more of a risk.  Sometimes I forget to take risks with fashion and those same risks are what makes fashion fun!  Luckily it has been pretty cool lately so it wasn't too hot with the layers.
 In other news last night we positively swam around in summer, we had a BBQ with the cousins, played night games (we like the old fashioned "kick the can" and "anti i over"), built a fire and taught the kids and sang camp songs (I was once a camp counselor for the summer...I know a million songs) and made s'mores over a fire pit (that I scored for $5 at a yard sale last summer).  It was pretty heavenly.

We have one of our favorite hikes planned with the boys this Saturday.  We don't get up into the mountians too much through out the year, but we always love this hike.  We pack fruit and bagels and hike up to a cute little lake at the top of a mountain and eat our breakfast in the early morning sunshine.  It is a perfect hike with kids but is still definitely a challenge.  We have been doing this hike for a few years now and always love it.  Summer really is the best (I will probably say that 741 more times on this blog in the coming months...).
Polka dot shirt: Loft (cute and cute) | Turquoise top: Banana Republic | Crops: Jcrew Factory | Heels: Aldo (similar) | Bag: Aldo (similar) | Belt: F21 (similar) | Jewelry: Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and Macys | Sunnies: Ross (similar)

12 comments:

  1. Risk IS what makes fashion so fun! I completely agree. Layers are fun to play with and I <3 those red shoes!
    Distinctly M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of colors and the polka dots.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this. sometimes i also think that i post only boring summer outfits - just pants and tops...but here is too hot that if i have a chance i can go naked ;) so layring is for spring, autumn and winter :)
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those red heels with your outfit! I find that I wear simpler outfits in the summer (since I can't layer) but I tend to wear brighter colors :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. O man. That sounds like the perfect summer night. It reminds me of my childhood summers!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit, the pop of red is so adorable!





    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those red heels are pretty awesome. You look great as always! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a sweet look!!!!! sooo cute and chic and fabulous :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pops of yellow and red! And the red lips on you! And yum for smores over a campfire!

    xo, sam

    **Style of Sam**

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this outfit! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Red Shoes! So Sexy and Chic.
    www.ragazzabazaar.com
    #RBStyle

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.