Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Prep


 I am a lover of all things preppy.  I had totally pictured what I wanted my look to be while I was in Boston and it included my Sperrys, and large amounts of preppy-ness.  I decided to do a few outfit pictures while I was there and Josh was such a good sport to go along.  I didn't bring much jewelry with me on the trip because we were going to be site seeing all day and I wanted to keep things pretty simple.
 These pictures were taken at the city garden.  The shorts were actually an emergency item that was purchased after we went Kayaking (where we saw the Harvard Crew team practicing on the Charles River...ya it was pretty awesome),  and I got SOAKED (I was told there was no way I would get more than a few drops here and there, but the wind picked up, the waves got big and a few drops became buckets of water)  We actually hadn't planned to do ANY shopping while in Boston, but thanks to the fact that after we got through with our 5 1/2 mile kayaking trip I was dripping wet and Josh noticed my shorts were boarder line see through so it was a necessity (and Josh casually tried to stand behind me until my shorts dried off a bit).  I have to say I wasn't thrilled to be wet until the shopping trip came into the picture and then I thought it quite wonderful ;)
 This was the most charming garden that was right across from the Taj Hotel where we went for tea.
 I have to be honest that I have always been a little hesitant to wear red and yellow together because I didn't want to remind anyone of Ronald McDonald.  I just love the colors together however and I decided that they grey and white would tone everything down a bit and I might get away with it. 
 One again we see my F21 belt here.  Honestly the best $4 I have ever spent.  I wore it with just about every outfit I wore in Boston, both day and evening (the only exception being the dress I wore to church).

 Sweater: Jcrew | shirt: Jcrew Factory | Shorts: Jcrew (they just went on sale-yeah for you, lame for me!) | Shoes: Sperry | Sunnies: Ross (similar)

32 comments:

  1. Lovely short. The color is amazing.
    xo, Petra

    Take a look on my newest Outfit Post with a pretty Giveaway http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn those shopping emergencies! ;) Bummer you had to scoop up a fantastic pair of shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this all American look suits you well, and if this reminds you of Ronald, you'd be the cutest Ronald ;) Really love the touch of yellow :)

    Come check out my latest post NUDE! here :
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/06/nude.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great preppy look and I love your hair!
    xx Katja

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for stopping by my blog!
    i cant wait to see you wear your chambray shirt.
    love the plaid shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable...I would so love to recreate this outfit, but I need red shorts first :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that neutral toned plaid top - so many ways to mix that! And how cute is your braid - looks so pretty :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Boston, and this is definitely one of my favorite parts of the city! So glad you got to see it. And I love the the yellow belt with the red shorts. It looks great together!

    xoxo, me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this preppy look on you! You look like you stepped out of a magazine, Emily! And your hair is so pretty with the braid :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your glasses and your braid!!
    http://alwaysssmiling.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh kayaking the Charles sounds awesome! I was by the Charles on Saturday :) Love the preppy look - your new shorts are so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this combo! I have the same gray checked shirt but wouldn't have thought to pair it with red shorts - unexpected and cute. And I love your brown sperrys - I need to get a pair of those!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute Outfit Em! Boston sounds so dreamy, glad you got to go there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your shorts! If you picked them up recently (within the last 2 weeks, I think) JCrew will honor a price adjustment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colorful shorts on you! Cute hairstyles too! If you have the chance, please check out my blog also. It would mean so much to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Preppy looks good on you! Love those shorts, the color is so vibrant and pretty!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Preppy totally works in Boston- good call girl! So glad you went kayaking on the Charles- it is just so gorgeous there.

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely summer outfit, you look super cute!
    xx






    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo






    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great look Emily, and the background is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute cute cute!! loving the prepster look!

    xxo, Vanessa

    http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the braided back hair :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute look! Love the color combo!! And your sunnies!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com
    Treena Bean Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your short!! and you hair :)

    www.chicpear.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous photos! The location is beautiful and those shorts are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the red board shorts with the checkered blouse.

    $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm all over the prep! I would for sure wear that outfit. I have found my yellow H&M belt to be a staple this season (you beat me, mine was $5). CUTE CUTE CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this preppy look. And the side braid. Mine never comes out quite right, sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the touch of the braid, you really look good...

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Woow, you look utterly stylish in this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE this outfit! Love, love, love. Perhaps getting soaked was serendipitous...

    ReplyDelete
  32. I totally tagged the 1st picture as an inspiration photo! Love this together and have the pieces at home to recreate it for myself - yah!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.