Sunday, June 17, 2012

Safari-ish


 Tomorrow morning Josh and I will be leaving Boston bright and early.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I have fallen in love with this city and it's people. And let's not even mention the cutest husband in the world who suggested we have a proper tea (herbal in our case) in a proper tea room.  Strange but true that after I came home from London a few years ago I was determined to do this and Josh found the most DARLING (I am determined to make that word a constant part of my vocabulary) tea room complete with waiters pouring out for us and a violinist completing the absolutely perfection I felt in the experience.  He also took me on a tour of a lighthouse today.  I grew up so intrigued by lighthouses (still am) and he earned some serious brownie points.  I will probably post most of it on my family blog, but a few of the pictures will be posted here.
 It is now time to get back to reality.  I am afraid that I am going to have some serious sugar withdrawals.  Those of you who follow on Instagram might have noted the large numbers of gorgeous desserts I posted.  We ate VERY well on this trip and I am sure that I might need to begin running (I need to any way as the hubs signed our family up for a 5K.  My 8 year old is determined to beat me...it really might happen).
 I did do a few outfit posts while I have been in Boston, nothing too fancy as I tried to pack essentials and somehow left most of my jewelry home, but they will be good memories for me.

I am so ready to see my darling ;) boys and get back to the wild, crazy, definitely never boring reality that is my life.  We start the new adventure that is swimming lessons this week.  Next time I post it will be from my living room in good ole UTAH!!
Top: Ann Taylor | Skirt: Jcrew (similar here and here) | Shoes: Aldo (similar here and here) | Bag: Aldo (similarish, here and here) | Bracelets: Ann Taylor and Aldo | Sunnies: Nordstrom | Belt: Bohme Boutique (similar)

21 comments:

  1. very nice and cute :) your hair looks great on this pictures :)
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thanks. Sometimes it is nice to change things up :)

      Delete
  2. Love the whole look, great job!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely neutral colors.. hope it is not too late to wish you Safe journey home!

    Come see my latest post when you can :)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/06/windy-day-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just checked out your post, adorable!

      Delete
  4. I love how you made the leopard look very professional by toning it down with neutrals. Sounds like you had a great time in Boston! I always eat so much more on vacation and then I feel like I need to detox when I get home :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I SO need to detox. I feel like I want to eat lettuce for the next week!

      Delete
  5. I love lighthouses as well. They are just so darn cool! And speaking of cool (and sweet), how awesome that your hubbie took you to tea! I love this outfit! The animal print is very subtle but fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! It was sweet of him to do tea. I am sure it wasn't first on his list of things to do.
      Creamy

      Delete
  6. the skirt suits you so well!
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. O I am so glad you have had a great time! I will totally check out your family blog to see all your photos! I love your leopard print skirt!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I so owe you, we went Kayaking and loved every minute!

      Delete
  8. you look very chic today.... have a nice day!

    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and really chic...love the subtle pattern of that skirt and the lighter leather.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so amazing in this outfit !! great post.

    Love
    Shilpi
    www.pinkjasminestyling.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this outfit! You looks so polished and ready to be in JCrew catalog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there I just found your blog from a comment that you left on mine. Cute blog, and I like this look. The colors look great on you. Want to follow eachother? I am following you :)
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.