Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Little Glam


Hello darling readers.  How come nobody uses the word "darling" anymore?  I love that word, but I think after Carey Grant and Za Za Gabor, everyone else just sounded ridiculous saying it.  That is my theory any way .   We are loving Boston so far and I am trying to Instagram as much of it as I can so if you want to follow along, I am emily7n.  So far we have just flown in (and I DID see some lighthouses from our plane window,  2 of them!!  It still want to see one up close however, we'll see), checked into our hotel, and then went to an AMAZING seafood restaurant for dinner.  Josh and I both were brave and tried clams for the first time and they were quite awesome.  Honestly the best seafood I have ever tasted.  Okay, on to the post.

Now that the Mrs. Utah cat is out of the bag, I wanted to do a post on the evening gown that I designed for the Mrs. United States Pageant.  I was lucky enough to work with an amazing seamstress and had the chance to show her exactly what I wanted and have her make it for me. 
  The entire bodice was hand beaded.  I was SO impressed with this awesome seamstress.  We called the dress "Starry night".  It really reminded me of the Milky Way.  Fashion really is art.
 In the first picture it looks blue, but it was a gorgeous royal purple and I LOVED it.

 I honestly felt like such a princess when I wore it.
If I had to do it again, I'd pick a little higher quality fabric as this one was hard to get it to not look mused, but it was so FUN to wear.
I honestly am not sure that I will ever get back into it again (or have any reason to), but I sure felt like a princess on this night.

13 comments:

  1. How cool! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look amazing! and the dress is just amazing!

    Kiss,
    N.
    http://nikadressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them with us. Have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You look absolutely stunning! That dress is amazing! And you are so beautiful! LOVE your short hair! What a fantastic experience! Thanks for sharing!!

    P.s. I found on IG and am now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that gown is beautiful...fashion is definitely an art, and this gown does remind me of a starry sky. The royal purple looks so rich and exotic, definitely a lovely colour with blonde hair too :) WIsh I could do something so glamourous!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifull gown, great job!

    xoxo

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you looked like a princess. wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling (there, I use darling ;)), that is gorgeous! I didn't know that you were in Mrs United States pageant.. wow, impressive! Even if you have no occasion for now to wear the dress, it holds a thousand memories..so keep it and I am sure something will come up for you to pull it out once more.. you look seriously gorgeous!

    Check out FOODIE WEEKEND here:
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/06/chicken-in-tomato-and-chili-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are enjoying Boston. Can't wait to see your pictures. I loved that dress so much. Good memories. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun event and a beautiful dress! You look lovely and like you are having so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.