Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lime and Navy

 Wow, Two navy themes in a row...I really am going to be in trouble when I have used every color combo as post titles.  It is just easy, I will do it as long as I can.  I have already mention (probably more than once), what a fan I am of green and blue together.  I love trying different shades of the two colors together and this one was no exception.  You can't really tell too much in my pictures that my shirt is lime...but it is :)  The skirt is also a tiny polka dot print, which you can't really see either...working on it.

This is what I wore to church today (it was so WINDY!).  I LOVE getting dressed up for church.  Is that strange?  Probably, but I figure if I am going to wear a dress, I might as well go all out.
 This past weekend was such a lovely one.  Summer has been so fun to be able to have fun adventures with my boys (and we have DEFINITELY had some), but it is fun to be able to have Josh with us on our adventures on the weekend.

On Saturday we went on a hike.  It is a hike that we do every year.  It is up at a ski resort and leads to a perfect little lake.  The air smells clean and heavily of pine and the terrain isn't too steep for kids.  We always take a breakfast of bagels and cream cheese and nectarines (the tradition started when Josh and I were dating and that is what we took, so we just always do that...I guess we are sort of sentimental)  We usually go a bit later in the summer, but decided that Saturday was as good a day as any.
 Well, unbeknownst to us, the road we usually take up to the beginning of the trail was closed (we found out it opens NEXT WEEK...) and so we had to hike up a different way.  We followed a family that looked like they knew where they were going and began our hike.

Well, to make a long story short the "trail" was super steep and seriously hard.  I was SO proud of my boys. They are only 8, 7 and 6 (the 2 year old was in a hiking backpack) and they didn't complain.  They just kept saying "This is hard, but Nelsons can do hard things."  I was seriously impressed with them.

 This picture is from the beginning of our hiking adventure.
 
 It ended up being so fun and we took the more leisurely way back (and they slept really well that night). 
 My two year old LOVES to have his picture taking (which I love because I am a picture taking mamma).  He was dying to be in my pics, so I thought you'd like to see his cute little mug.  He seriously kills me with his adorableness.  On our hike yesterday he kept throwing rocks into the pond saying "here ya go!"  He always keeps us laughing.
Shirt: Jcrew (similar) | Skirt: Tommy Hilfiger (similar print) | Shoes: Michael by Michael Kors via Nordstrom (similar) | Jewelry: Jcrew | Sunnies: Nordstrom | Bag: Aldo (similar)

P.S. If any of you were interested in seeing pictures from my trip to Boston I have posted some here.

26 comments:

  1. Pretty skirt. Beautiful outfit. Amazing pictures. Great Post.
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really great! love the combination of lime shirt with this skirt! and your kids are so cute! :)

    Kiss,
    N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful outfit and the last picture is adorable. your boys are little heros for hiking without compalins :)
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your perfect look as lady!!!
    I love your family, they are a team!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are adorable, Emily! And what troopers they are for going on the hike. I love the pleats in your skirt, it's such a sophisticated and ladylike look :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable are these pictures??? Answer: very. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love a nice, classic look, and your is just that with a modern twist! I love your silver heels, too - they fit perfectly.

    The Blue Hour

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sons sound like such troopers! Loving your skirt lady!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hike sounds awesome! And love that gorgeous skirt :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty look! Love the skirt!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful outfit!! and your boys are impressive. ; ) nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PRECIOUS photos with your baby :) And I love the way this navy skirt flares.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great !! Loving the skirt to bits !!
    The last photo is just adorable !! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow these shots are amazing, I love that skirt!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the pics.. so sweet! You look polished and crisp!

    Visit my Monday post 'TO THE SALES! TO THE SALES!'
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/06/to-sales-to-sales.html#

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, look at that bright blonde hair! He is precious! Love the shots with him! And I love the very first shot too - that skirt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the vintage vibe of that skirt! And your boys are just darling ;)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable skirt...you picked the perfect top to pair it with!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Emily, you Rock that skirt... I love the entire look!
    Your son is adorable, very nice pics.
    www.ragazzabazaar.com
    #RBStyle

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just wore mint + navy last week too! Must be something in the air! You look fabulous, and that hike sounds like quite the adventure!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this color combination! I don't have much lime in my wardrobe, but I think that needs to change. I also love getting dressed up for church. I could wear jeans to my church if I wanted to, but I never do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. looove the pearls with this outfit! and good for you guys for trekking the "trail"! :) my new thing is finding "urban adventures" .. trail walking is just my style!
    -m-

    ReplyDelete
  23. That skirt looks beautiful on you!
    Brooke @ what2wear

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous skirt and your kids are so cute!!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. so pretty! I love this look!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE this outfit on you! You look beautiful.. ROCK IT!!

    shelby
    perfectionpossibilitites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.