Monday, June 18, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

 Well, I am back home.  It is amazing how much going away makes you love what you come back to so much more.  Josh and I had a grand time in Boston and enjoyed every minute together.  I think it is quite amazing that I still LOVE to be with him.  We talked about politics, religion, philosophy, literature and oddles about our children.  We came home united and more determined than ever to try to be the best parents that we can be.
 We bough each of our children Harvard shirts and they were thrilled to get them.  They actually all wanted to wear them to bed tonight.  We told them a little about Harvard and showed them some of the pictures that we had taken on the campus.  They all decided that they wanted to go there when they grew up.  My oldest has already decided who should write him letters of recommendation and they include his parents and each of his brothers.  I tried to tell him that wouldn't be very impressive, but he is determined we start working on our letters recommending him to Harvard right now... :)
 Tonight my boys and I read together again.  It is funny how I would miss that little thing so much.  I tuck them all in their beds and read to them in an attempt to get them to quiet down and go to sleep more readily.  In the summer that is no easy task when it isn't dark until pretty late.  That is one of the things I missed the most about being away from my boys.  It was fun to come back to it. 
 I am happily exhausted physically but completely refreshed emotionally and mentally, which I am grateful for.  Tomorrow begins the week with our first orthodontist appointment.  Palmer (my 8 year old) is under the impression he WANTS braces.  I think I wanted them when I was younger as well (to the point that I unfolded paper clips and put them around my teeth telling my friends that I had gotten braces...), but I quickly learned that braces HURT.  I have been trying to tell him they aren't all that he thinks they are, but he won't believe me. 

 I now need to catch up on everything and start getting ready for our family vacation that happens to be next week...we are heading to Phoenix for some fun, family, baseball and a rodeo.  I can't believe that June is now more than half way over!  Summer is flying by!!!
Top: Arden B | Skirt: Jcrew Factory (similar) | Shoes: Unknown (similar) | Jewelry: Jcrew and Macys | Sunnies: Ross

WatchOutForTheWoestmans

29 comments:

  1. I have those shoes - which I love. I can't remember where I got mine either and I have had them so long the name is worn off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, LOVE the outfit, especially the skirt! I am so glad you guys had some time away together! But know what you mean about being happy back home with the kiddos. I am sure they missed you tons. And I used to always put paper clips around my teeth and pretend I had braces! LOL! I am doing a really fun Bauble Swap on my blog! You should come and play!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of your entire outfit!

    Vanessa

    http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the look, just right for the weather!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this look. I love the yellow color of the top, the dots on your skirt and the shoes finish the look so well!
    You really did great here:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the polka dots with the yellow - so cute! Hope you had fun in Boston :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable polka dot skirt, Emily! I think it's wonderful that you and your hubby are still so in love :) I bet your boys look so cute in their Harvard shirts!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great mix of yellow and polka dots! This is such a fun story. How cool that you and your husband are still so in love. And, if you are sending all four boys to Harvard--girl you better start saving! LOL I used to do that with paper clips too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello EMily!
    Welcome home again!
    I love your skirt dots, lately I like dots more than before.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yellow top is great, I like this colour so much :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the vibrant color of the top. You pulled it out so well. I am following you now!

    Tina

    http://2petite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's awesome that your vacation left you feeling renewed and ready to take on life's little pleasures!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey thanks for ur comment!
    i love ur polka skirt and dat yellow top is fab!! :)
    im ur new follower.. hope u follow me too and like my facebook page also! :)
    waiting..
    xoxo
    priyanka
    www.fshn4us.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the yellow on you, so bright and cheerful! So cute that they loved their harvard shirts. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty look Emily! Thanks for stopping by :)

    xo Marie
    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. so cute! I love the bright yellow with the polka dots. And I love that you enjoyed coming back and reading with the boys... =)

    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous outfit on you! That yellow is so bright and summery, and I really love it paired with the polka dots!

    <3 Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are my hero, four boys? I only have two girls and I already have a hard time keeping up with them. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, I just started following yours so hopefully we can stay in touch. And if I'm lucky, you might share your secrets to raising four boys and still staying stylish with me.

    xx http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's so nice to take vacation, but it's better to back home. am i right? :)))
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  20. yellows my favoritee!!


    Do check out my blog & follow if you like : ) :
    A little More Love

    & follow the Facebook page : ):
    A little More Love Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  21. great outfit, yellow and polka dots are cute together!
    http://myvintagecurves.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Emily, I love this outfit! The skirt, so pretty and the yellow top, so vibrant!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice outfit...i love your polka dots skirt:)You look really nice.Much love

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the polka dots and yellow top! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The story about your family is so sweet! So nice to come home to little sweeties like that :)
    Loving your yellow + dots! Hello Summer!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the outfit and it sounds like you all had so much fun in Boston. I love it there and can't wait to go back :)
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.