Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Have Some Color With Your Whites

 I am up late again doing my post.  This time we hosted an outdoor movie on our house for the neighborhood kids.  It was a lot of fun, but hopefully tomorrow is grumpy kid-free.  I love doing random fun things throughout the summer and I hope my kids always remember the fun things we do (this is why I document things on my family blog so I can show my kids all of the fun things we did while they were growing up).

These are the last of my Boston outfit posts.  I grew up a lighthouse fan.  I had never seen one before in real like, but they were so mysterious and romantic to me.  I had pictures and figurines of lighthouses all over the place.  One of the awesome things my husband did for me while we were in in Boston was to get us tickets for a tour of the Boston lighthouse.  I was giddy the entire way there and once we were on the island I couldn't stop smiling.  It was everything I had ever hoped for. 
This was the lovely island we visited.  It was such a wonderful experience for me.  I took so many pictures of this lighthouse.  We even got to go up in it and see the light itself.  Doesn't the whole thing just remind you of Anne of Green Gables (P.E. Island is also on my list of places to go).
 I was going to wear my Sperry's but ended up opting for some flips, which was a bad decision since apparently they aren't even supposed to let you on the boat to go to the lighthouse unless you have close toed shoes.  I am definitely a rebel.  Josh and I walked everywhere in Boston and my little feeties needed a break from shoes so the flips were worn, but they weren't the cutest so I ditched them for the pics. 
Once again my yellow belt earned it's keep.  I wore it with just about everything I wore in Boston.  People I am telling you, but one and you will not regret it.
Our trip to Boston was surprisingly cold.  I wanted to still dress in fun summer wear, but not freeze at the same time.  I was glad I brought these pieces.  I felt summery but was still warm-ish (it really was so cold).
Sweater: Jcrew | Top: Layers | Jeans: Bohme Boutique (similar) | Belt: F21 (similar) | Sunnies: Ross (similar)

11 comments:

  1. Great style and beautiful pictures
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and the scenery is just beautiful! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    Amy

    www.LeopardandLillies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. An outdoor movie sounds like so much fun! I love your outfit - the coral and yellow is perfect with the white pants Emily :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whites are so fresh and summery to me! I love that you paired it with just the little bit of color. The lighthouse photos are really gorgeous! There's a lighthouse near me and I love to visit it :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter to win a custom clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great casual look! And I love the outdoor movie idea! I try to do the same thing for my kids. It's important for them to have those special moments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is so awesome you got to see a lighthouse for the first time after loving them your whole life! Even more awesome that it lived up to your dreams.

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something so polished about a white-heavy outfit with a pop of color. I wore something similar recently. And your backdrop - beautiful!!

    The Blue Hour

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, it has a very Anne of Green Gables vibe to it. I loved those movies when I was growing up! You look lovely in your mostly white outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Emy!!!
    I love white with some pastel color

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing! love the white pants + peach top combo! beautiful scenery too!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow love this shoot! Didn't know Boston was this gorgeous

    http://savvyselections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.