Thursday, June 28, 2012

Packin Up

 Tonight we spent the whole evening packing the boys for our trip to Arizona.  We have a family reunion in Northern Arizona (Taylor/Snowflake to be exact) and so we decided to make a vacation of it.  We are flying into Phoenix and then driving to Taylor for the family reunion, and then heading back to Phoenix for a Diamonbacks baseball game (we are fans).
 The boys are so excited about this adventure.  The boys and I packed their bags tonight (Josh just got back in town for work).  I decided to give my 8 year old some space and let him pack up his own bag.  I came into his room just as he was trying to put his boy scout pine wood derby car and an enormous triangle rock into his suitcase.  There was a bit of an intervention after that, but he did a good job.
 Can I tell you how much I love this denim skirt.  I am not even sure if they are "in" right now, but I will continue to wear mine.  It is a favorite.  I will be buried in it if it lasts that long (kidding).

Shirt: Jcrew Factory (similar) | Skirt: DownEast Outfitters (similar) | Belt: ModBe | Bag: Nine West via Ross (similar) | Shoes: Sperry | Sunnies: Ross (similar)

17 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! Looks so chic and comfortable!

    Amy

    www.LeopardandLillies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a comfy yet chic look for travel. I love the detail of the ribbon wrapped around your hair bun. Just like Joanne Woodward worn it in "The hot,long summer" (teh iconic film I'm talking about today in my blog!!!)
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you put your hair in a bun! I think each time you wear your hair like this I compliment it. Have fun in Arizona!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute denim skirt! And I LOVE the gingham blouse as well. My son does this all the time with packing. I once went to pick him up from a sleepover to find that he had packed nunchucks, a microphone and a Playstation game. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Emily!!!
    Guao Arrizona so exciting trip, so nice you look.

    Have a nice weekend!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time and a safe trip, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit, totally love your hair like this! Hope you have a wonderful trip!
    xx







    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that belt! Looks so cute with your outfit! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little touch with the patterned belt!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful look, casual yet stylish! Love your gorgeous oversized sunnies!

    xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous outfit! I love the color of that gingham top!

    Have fun in Arizona! I've been to Scottsdale a number of times and absolutely love it!

    <3 Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your shirtt! have fun in arizona :D
    xx, Daisy Cats

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple and cute! That belt is the star of this outfit! Oh, speaking of belt, I finally managed to put together something with my red belt for next week :) Thanks for inspiring!

    FOODIE WEEKEND on MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY :
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/06/foodie-weekend-butterless-banana-muffin.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit! Really love the shoes!

    ariarhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the gingham and the sperry's! it's a cute casual look. hope you have a fun vacay and how exciting you guys get to go to the diamondbacks game!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute Skirt and the Plaid ... nice Combo!
    www.ragazzabazaar.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.