Sunday, June 10, 2012

Black Tie

 Friday night Josh and I got to go to a black tie event for The Children's Center.  I have a special place in my heart for The Children's Center.  It is one of the charities I worked with in 2008 as Mrs. Utah (little known fact huh?).  It was wonderful for me to have the opportunity to see a few of the people I knew back in the day and see how The Children's Center has grown.

Once upon a time I frequently went to black tie events, but for the last few years they have been pretty sparse (or non existent).  I was so excited to get the chance to dress up. 
 I designed and had this dress made for the night I passed on my crown.  It is such a wonderful memory to me.  You can see a little of it here.  I decided it would be just the gown to wear that night.  I love how the skirt of the dress swishes when I walk.  I loved wearing this gown again.

  We just took a couple of quick pictures (including an Instagram) before we headed off the the gala.  It was such a lovely evening.
 Gown: Designed by me | Jewels: Unknown | Shoes: Aldo


21 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous :)
    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very elegant!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, you look divine! Your husband looks so proud having you on his arm.. :)

    Come see my new post when you can :)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-100th-post-special-dedication.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello EMily!
    You looks so gorgeous on that dress.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you look gorgeous, your hair and makeup really offset the dress too <3

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily you look so pretty! I was looking forward to seeing you all dressed up after mentioning it last week. I didn't know you were Mrs. Utah! HOW COOL!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this gown - it's absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had places to go that would give me an excuse to buy such an elegant and formal gown!

    The Blue Hour

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is a very cool fact about you! This dress is gorgeous and I bet you felt like a million bucks at the event!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dress! And I loved the flashback picture of you as Miss Utah.. how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, you look so pretty! Miss Utah.. that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty dress, you look beautiful!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look beautiful! And I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, totally didn't know you were Mrs. Utah. Very cool! Secondly, I work two doors down from the downtown Children's Center. Small world! I remember when they remodeled it a couple years ago. I've only been partially inside once but it's such a neat building.

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You looked gorgeous then and now! I had no idea you were mrs. utah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss Utah?!?! Wow!! That is so fun! I can now officially say that I am friends with a queen! ;)You looked beautiful then and even more so now! What a great cause and event!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to dress up and have somewhere fancy to go! You look so lovely, sounds like fun!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woooaaa, you look absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look as beautiful now as you did then. Josh is such a lucky guy

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.