Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Tour of Havard, and I What I Wore

 These are one of the series of pictures I took while Josh and I were in Boston.  This was our first morning out and we were heading first to go tour Harvard and then to go kayaking so picking an outfit was a bit of a challenge.  I totally wanted to go prepster on my first day out...and all of the days after that too.  
We saw this gorgeous building (oh and I just realized that there is a cute little head of someone in the corner...disreguard) and I thought I just had to do some photos there for this blog (when half of my photos are in the front of a garage door, you can see why I would be excited about this).  So even though my outfit was a bit casual, ya know in prep for kayaking, I had to do a impromptu shoot. 
 I have to be honest, I am seriously impressed with Harvard and everyone there that seemed like a student (summer school?) I just wanted to go up and shake their hand in congratulation of them belonging to such an exceptional school.  As much as I would love for my kids to go to Utah State University (mine and Josh's alma mater, that we both adore), I would love for them to go somewhere as impressive as this...I bought them some shirts to inspire them...no pressure kids.
 One more thing (on a list of about 900) that I loved about Boston was all of the geraniums everywhere.  We saw apartment buildings where they were literally on every balcony.  Oh my goodness, I loved it!  Just fun, beautiful pops of color all over the place.  It was especially beautiful in the North End by all of the lovely Italian restaurants. 
 In other news, I finally caught up on The Bachelorette (and stayed up late again...darn it).  I have now decided that I like Jef, Sean and Ari.  I think they all seem genuinely in love with Emily and interested in HER as opposed to just being the Bachelor next season (cough cough, Ryan...).  I think I'll be okay with any of those three, but um Chris?  What in the world?!?  That is all I can say
 Top: Hollister | Shorts: Jcrew Factory (similar) | Belt: F21 (similar) | Shoes: Sperry | Sunnies: Ross (similar) | Necklace: gift

22 comments:

  1. i love the preppy outfit you chose! the green and blue together is a nice color combo too! i can't believe you have 4 boys. you are amazing!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! it looks relaxing, fresh and airy!

    vanessa

    http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect comfy chic look for a tour! Loving the summer colors on you!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  4. The preppy look is so fitting for Harvard!

    Arie is my front runner, with Sean being my second favorite. Jef doesn't really do it for me. He's sweet, but I don't see him with Emily. And I find Chris SO creepy! I bet he'll get the boot next week.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter to win a custom clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these photos at Harvard Emily! So glad you went kayaking, by the way. The Charles is gorgeous. I will admit that my current favorite is Jef. And in second place is Arie!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit looks very sophisticated for kayaking! And perfect for Harvard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your perfectly preppy outfit! Isn't the Harvard campus beautiful? The areas around the Charles is my absolute favorite, just so gorgeous!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute preppy, summertime look!
    xx







    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love the Harvard campus!! You look adorable! I love all those fun colors!
    -Bridgette
    bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am your newest follower! Follow me at bridgettenicole.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a nice color combo. Such relaxing look =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very prepster...love the splash of yellow at the waist.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Summer Classics ... great color blends!
    Who takes your photos? Nice Job.
    www.ragazzabazaar.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great look! Perfect for a day of touring around!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'd love to tour harvard, your outfit is great

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a perfect outfit for Harvard. Boston is one of my favorite cities in the world. I went there on a family trip in high school & absolutely fell in love! I wanted to move there sooooo badly! So much history & beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look perfect for a Harvard campus! Love the pretty pastels and gold shoes!
    One Chic Mom
    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your perfect style but expecially your own profile description.
    Chiara
    http://effenshion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your outfit is pretty :) Harvard - it sounds great :)
    I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the mint, green and yellow together! You are a woman after my own heart. ;) Have a safe trip to AZ - it's crazy hot (and humid - monsoon season just started), so pack lots of cotton. :-S I'll look forward to hearing about it! Where are you going to be?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.