Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Aqua Marine

 
You know on Project Runway where they ask where the designer got their inspiration and they say something incredibly deep such as "the lines on the sidewalk" etc (not mocking, I am a huge fan).  Well, today my inspiration is the ocean...except that it really wasn't until I had it on already.  I love green and blue together like nobody's business and wear it when at all possible.

It has also been fun to figure different ways to style my favorite maxi dress.  I am telling you, there is nothing I would rather wear every day (sorta like super cute and comfy pjs for the day)
Can I tell you the most tragic story (you know I will...)? My external hard drive is claiming not to have any of my pictures.  I went to click on it today to get the post pictures that were planned and it said it was empty.  I have the sickest feeling in my stomach, it has EVERYTHING on there.  My kids end of the year stuff, birthdays, holidays, McKay's birth pictures and the day to day stuff I love and now it is saying it is BLANK???  I want to cry.
I am sure there is a reason and someone will figure it out, but until it has been figured out and am feeling a bit distressed.

Okay, moving on.  Does anyone else out there watch The Bachelorette (guilty pleasure...I actually didn't watch the last two seasons, but loved Emily when she was on before, so I HAD to)?  I just think they whole thing is such a mess.  I really like Emily and think she is so adorable, but the guys are just...is not up to par too harsh?  Well, the only one I even see her with and even then, not really, is Sean (who I think is a cute guy, sweet, sincere and not totally into himself (which is uncommon in this bunch.)

So here are my thoughts, because I know you are DYING to hear them.
Ryan-every word out of his mouth makes me either roll my eyes or want to scream.  Totally cocky, deprecating, shallow and self righteous.  Can't stand the guy.
Doug-actually seems really cool, but I have "heard" he has temper problems...judgmental?  yes, but just going on that he freaks me out.  Take it for what it is worth.
Chris-nuts.  His whole thing with Doug (who handled it very well for a rage-a-holic I might add), was crazy and well, just crazy.
Jef-not sure what I think.  He seems nice and cool but I do not find him attractive at all and I just don't get him (which I think is what he is going for).  They seem like an odd match.
Kalon-how in the world has he even made it this far?  They keep talking about how "well brought up he is".  I think he is selfish, conceited, and doesn't play well with others...that to me isn't well brought up.  He also looks like the bad guy in the movie "Red Eye" which creeps me out by itself (alright that one didn't count, but it still one of my reasons for not liking him sad to say).
Alejandro-cute...haven't really heard him talk and they DO NOT seem like they would go well together.
Arie-I don't get him either.  He seems nice but I was so grossed out by watching him lick his lips as he kissed her that I don't ever want to see it again (sort of like the horrible kiss by Christian Bale and Winnona Rider on the movie "Little Women" that I can never think of him without picturing it...).  But he seems okay cool.
Travis-Seems okay now, but the whole "Shelly" thing was just strange
John (wolf)-I got nothin'.  No opinion.

So I know you didn't come here for a Bachelorette recap, but I had to share, so just disregard (or better yet, tell me your thoughts!!!)
Dress: Piperlime (similar here and here)| Top: Gap (similar color)| Belt: Bohme Boutique (cute and cute)| Shoes: Famous Footwear (similar) | Scarf: Jcrew | Jewelry: Jcrew here and here | Sunnies: Nordstrom | Bag: Nine West via Ross (love this one)

36 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your outfit and your blog! Thank you for stopping by and following! I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you outfit! You've got me looking for a cute pair of boat shoes and a good maxi.
    The Bachelorette is my guilty pleasure too. I can not stand Kalon. So conceited and high and mighty. I couldn't stand watching Arie licking his lips either. So weird. I do like Sean too. Jef doesn't seem mature enough to be in her life. Ryan is a pretty boy. I liked Doug until I heard about the anger issues. That's always a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you outfit! You've got me looking for a cute pair of boat shoes and a good maxi.
    The Bachelorette is my guilty pleasure too. I can not stand Kalon. So conceited and high and mighty. I couldn't stand watching Arie licking his lips either. So weird. I do like Sean too. Jef doesn't seem mature enough to be in her life. Ryan is a pretty boy. I liked Doug until I heard about the anger issues. That's always a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you outfit! You've got me looking for a cute pair of boat shoes and a good maxi.
    The Bachelorette is my guilty pleasure too. I can not stand Kalon. So conceited and high and mighty. I couldn't stand watching Arie licking his lips either. So weird. I do like Sean too. Jef doesn't seem mature enough to be in her life. Ryan is a pretty boy. I liked Doug until I heard about the anger issues. That's always a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That maxi dress is so cute and I could see you wearing at the beach! I too am kinda obsessed with watching The Bachelorette. So far I like Arie, Doug, and Sean. I agree that the other guys are just NOT up to par. First of all, I think Emily is way too attractive for most of these guys (superficial but true, ha) and a lot of them just don't seem right for her. I really can't believe that this was the best they could do for her. I have a feeling Arie is going to be there in the end, she seems SO into him!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. The touch of mint is so chic <3

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute maxi dress, it's just perfect on you! Oh no about your hard drive, I'm sure someone will be able to fix it for you!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. O man. I was so excited reading your recap on the Bachelorette. My siter got me into The Bachelor when it was Emily so now I have to watch her. I think she is a bit boring, first off. But I love her too. So that right there throws me off when watching. I actually like Arie. I don't know why. Maybe because he really seems reallly into her? And agreed on Ryan. He needs to go. Something isn't right about him!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the guys are strange. Usually there is a couple of good choices on these shows but they picked all weirdo's for Emily. Sadly she might just have to choose none of them. I would say from what I've seen Arie is the best choice.

    Method Clothe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I like Sean and Arie (although he needs a heads up on the lip licking...gross)

      Delete
  11. I love the maxi dress! Looks great :-)
    Thanks so much for the comment yesterday. You are my first comment besides those from my friends :-)

    Ana www.anainstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a cute blog! Glad to be one of the first non-fried comments!!

      Delete
  12. I'd wear this one all the time too if I were you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily thanks a lot for your visit and kind comment on my blog!! I’ve visited yours and like your style so I follow you on GFC. Hope you follow me back too!!
    BTW I like your dress and the chic touch you’ve added by wearing a scarf over your hair!!
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous outfit! I love the colors and the stripes! I do very much hope that your hard drive retrieves your pictures! What a gut sinking feeling! I can relate. I have kids too and I would loose my mind to loose all of my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lady, you look absolutely fabulous! The whole outfit is adorable, and the lime headband really makes it pop! I haven't watched the Bachelorette in years, but I just might have to pick the habit up once again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great outfit I can see the ocean in it ;) I hope your hard drive is okay I would cry if mine got messed up it has my whole life on it too! I've only caught some glimpses of the bachelor/bachelorette over the years, I dont much care for it because of that one guy Bob Guiney the bachelor from way back in the day. His parents lived in my subdivision and brought the cameras to the neighborhood it was a big inconvenience for everyone else who lived in the area :( He didn't make many friends that day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the striped maxi Emily - so cute, and love how you layered the tee under it! And The Bachelorette is a guilty pleasure of mine - I have such a huge crush on Jef, but not sure if I see them together. Sean is totally hot and I could definitely see him and Em together....love it!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bahahaha so glad that you feel the same way as me about Christian Bale/Winona Ryder's kiss! Always freaked me out :D And on another note, I'm totally dying for a striped maxi JUST like this...all I've been able to find are striped ones that are skinny and clingy (not so hot for me) and striped ones that are strapless. Thanks for your two options!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    Enter my HANDBAG GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the maxi dress! They're definitely my fave in the summer too. Love the Project Runway reference - I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE LOVE LOVE your outfit! I like the Bachelorette too. I was reading online how her daughter's dad's family isn't speaking to her for going on the show. That is too bad. I don't like the men much either this season.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that dress. Is there anything better than stripes?

    Rebecca (hearts)...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very Cute Casual Look! You look like a movie star with the scarf and sunglasses.
    Good Fashion Sense.

    www.ragazzabazaar.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bacelorette is totally a guilty pleasure and I really liked Ryan until he wrote Emily that novel of a letter and that poor fool (forget his name?) had to stand there while she read all 99 pages out loud! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  24. How adorable are you with that scarf in your hair? I haven't rocked one in a while but this post makes me want to!

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your stripes dress, and your hear so nice.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Diggin the head scarf - super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Something similar happened to me last week, my laptop went beserk and while trying (yes, the word here is TRYING) to fix it, I accidently erased everything! My husband asked "Just use your back up data" and I said "What back up?" So, now my new mantra is "Back up, back up.." On another note, thank God I'm not a fan of reality show.. so complicated LOL!

    Come see my new post when you can :)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/06/purple-and-floral-hope-for-peace.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the stripes! And I love Emily... I hope she finds a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this maxi and the belt! Great outfit!

    Kristen
    www.everydaywitharedhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. hahaha! Tyler and I love watching that every week! We find ourselves getting into deep conversations about who she should choose... which when we come to our senses, we are a tad embarrassed we even care.

    We used to think Ryan was funny... yes cocky, but funny (in a weird way). Now he drives us crazy and we think he has a lesbian haircut. Oh, and that guys does look like the creepy guy off Red Eye! How unfortunate! I wouldn't be as rude if he wasn't such a jerk! Holy cow! "I really like it when you talk but I wish you would let me finish". What a charmer.

    haha... I could go on and on (which is embarrassing), but I'll just say, I love seeing what Emily wears! She is a doll and a half and I am always saying how cute she dresses. Drive Tyler crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the way you put this outfit together. Very beachy-boho-chic! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.