Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Primary Colors


 I have always been hesitant to wear primary colors together.  Not that I don't LOVE them, but more because in my church I help in the primary (classes for elementary age kids) and we sing a song about primary colors that pretty much stays in my head when ever I hear about primary colors so random or not, I have always avoided it.  For some reason I could never wear something inspired by a children's song :) 
 Well, lately I have seen lots of bloggers as well as others putting primary colors together and it didn't take long for me to feel like I needed to copy to look.  I actually really do love them together!!
 I avoided doing anything in bright primaries (with the exception of my shoes that ended up going darker after they got wet while I was doing a family photo shoot).
 So even though I have to admit the song WAS stuck in my head all day (along with one from a movie my kids were watching), I sure did like how the colors went together :) I may have turned over a new leaf, maybe I should see what other outfits could be inspired by children's songs :)
 Cardi: Jcrew (similar) | Top: Loft (cute options here and here) | Crops: AE (similar) | Flats: Urban Outfitters (cute option here and here) | Sunnies: Ross (similar) | Bag: Aldo (similar) | Sash: Shabby Apple | Jewelry: Macey's and gift | Belt: Buckle

29 comments:

  1. Love that yellow shirt! Yellow two days in a row- yay!!! And your sunglasses are great also!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first off, I LOVE your bag, that big red bow made me smile, it is so happy looking! I love primary colors together, as long as they aren't on a sweater vest, they don't look too kindergarden to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely in the primary colors, Emily! That is a cute pair of flats and subdued yellow printed top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so comfy, yet chic :)

    www.Fashionmavenmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love yellow and red together!

    Maria

    www.daintyanddecadent.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love primary colors together! Great idea to tie the scarf on the bag :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are perfect!!!

    DIY and more:
    http://diyearte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that subtle pattern on your top and those cute little flats! Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the bow detail on your bag! it really adds a fun pop of color.
    thank you for all of the sweet comments on my blog and taking the time out to answer some of my questions.
    it means the world to me!
    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  10. i guess we just take our inspiration wherever we can! i love this combo on you. it doesn't shout "primary colors", either...it's very subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute! I love the bright red bow on your bag and how you mixed the primary colors together in a subtle way.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute outfit!<3 love your bag!<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute flats! Love the yellow & red together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the primary colors!! And the pop of color with the red flats is absolutely adorable!! You look so cute, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the idea of spicing up an outfit that consists of a pair of jeans and that yellow number has definitely done it! Looking lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the bright colors together! And how the cute top, bag and shoes, spice up the jeans a bit! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute and simple outfit. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute look! I'm really loving your jeans!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really cute! I am celebrating my blog's anniversary and doing a giveaway. I hope you will enter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it. The bow on your bag is super adorable.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another cute look! Love the top and the bag is soooo pretty, love the bow! xxx

    http://aurelieandangelo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thats funny that it reminds you of that song! This looks really good together I'm loving the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. cute! I really love the bow/scarf on your bag, darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this whole thing is Darling!! I love the way your jeans are cropped at just the right spot and your use of fun happy colors!! this is the perfect springy outfit :)


    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE that outfit. Especially the top, but really of course the way you bring everything together makes it really work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It´s simple look and nice at the same time.

    xoxo

    http://annchic.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.