Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Maxi Skirt


 I LOVE a good maxi skirt.  There is something so easy and fun about them.  This shade of blue has been one of my favorite colors of the season, I especially love it with yellow (and the yellow belt has sneaked it's way into a post again :).
 
 Today was so COLD!  It took me by surprise.  As we headed to yet another baseball game, we had to bundle up with jackets and blankets, after which I went to get frozen yogurt with friends...I shivered the whole time but I am determined to continue acting as if it is summer no matter what :) 

We have a little shaved ice place down the street from us and I am counting down the days until June 1 when it opens.  They do the best shaved ice, but then they put some concoction on top of it made of sweet and condensed milk and pure yumminess that seriously is heaven in a cup.  Josh and I love it, and it is a good thing we didn't discover it until the end of last summer or we might have overdosed on it the whole summer, I see complete lack of control this year...
 
 Does anyone have fun Memorial Day plans??  We are thinking of a couple of things but thus far haven't decided anything yet.  I'd love to know what YOU are doing!!  Only 2 days and counting...
Top: Layers (similar) | Skirt: Target | Sandals: Esprit (similar) | Belt: F21 (similar) | Bag: Aldo (similar) | Sunnies: Ross (similar) | Jewelry: Macy's and Ann Taylor

Here are a couple of pictures that I took on Instagram (if you want to follow me, I am Emily7n) at the baseball game tonight.  This my 6 year old who is so silly.  He is always making me laugh...even when he is freezing.
We couldn't get McKay to sit under a blanket, so Josh put his jacket on him.  It was a little big :)

24 comments:

  1. Cute maxi skirt and really cute kiddo pics! Today was cold here too but luckily no baseball for us today. Hope it warms up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hia Emily! :) Thanks a lot for visiting my blog! :) I love your maxi skirt and the blue/yellow combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! My favourite color belt! I am still trying to put together something but what a bummer the weather here in Dubai is so, so c***y! We had a full blast sand storm yesterday and today looks so dusty cant even see the buildings! HAve a great time on Memorial Day break!

    Come walk my footsteps in my visit to Venice/Treviso:
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/05/micro-break-from-heat-veneto-italy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that maxi, and the boys are too cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute skirt- I think I tried on the same one in a different pattern at Target the other day. Memorial Day weekend is always reserved for opening the pool at our house. It is kind of a bummer, but it is totally worth it for the rest of the summer!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so fun and we definitely be worth it as you are swimming the rest of the summer!!

      Delete
  6. That's a Target skirt!? I may have to head over there...
    Lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the maxi skirt! I LOVE shaved ice, yum! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute skirt! Shaved ice is my favorite it is so addicting but hey in the end isn't it better for you than ice cream *wishful thinking* ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. McKay tried on that belt after you left and loves wearing it just as much as you do. I think he was hoping to get a guest spot on this blog in the coming days. You look beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josh :) We will have to work McKay in for a guest spot :)

      Delete
  10. Love that skirt, you look gorgeous!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that maxi! And once the shaved ice place opens, it will be officially summer. ;)

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  12. The chevron print on the skirt is SO cute, Emily! And I love the photo of McKay!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that maxi skirt especially with that bright yellow belt. Shaved ice is one of my favorite summer treats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing look,dear!Perfect for running around the town looking chic;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the skirt, so beautiful! The yellow belt is such a beautiful contrast to the lovely blue hue of the skirt! Great look! xxx

    http://aurelieandangelo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those colors look great together!

    xo.Adiel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emily! This is such a great outfit! LOVE the blue and yellow! You look fabulous as usual!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
  18. A-MAZING skirt! Thanks for sharing.

    www.everydaythoughtsbybrittany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.