Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Major Mixing

 As much as I LOVE the whole color/print mixing trend that is going strong right now, I wonder if these are the clothes that my grand kids are going to tease me about in years to come (you know like we tease our parents about polyester pants and beehives...although I secretly like both :) I think pattern mixing is so fun and I love coming up with new ones (I am actually pretty picky about patterns I mix...).  I decided to go super bold with this pattern mix and really liked the outcome. 
 Tonight we had such a wild evening.  We had a baseball game at 5 that we got to go to half of before we headed to take my 1st grader to his end of the year program and dropped our oldest off at his baseball game.  After the program we headed back the the baseball game.  Wild!!!
 Can I tell you what a proud mama I was watching my cute 7 year old get up and confidently share the part he had memorized and worked on for the last few weeks?  His program was based around Disney songs and it was so adorable.  I just sat all teary eyed through the entire thing! It was the best, I love moments like that.

After the program we headed to my 8 year old's baseball game.  He is playing with 9 and 10 year olds and is the youngest on the team.  In the first game he played this year he was hit in the back with the baseball while up to bat both times he got up.  He was a little shakey after that experience and the game after that one he freaked out every time he got up to bat.  He came home from that game so upset and my heart just hurt for him.  I would be freaked out too!  He went through a minute of wanting to quit baseball.  In the end he decided to stick with it.

The next game he struck out both times he got up to bat but we were so proud of him because he stayed in the batters box and didn't run away.  Well, in the game tonight, he hit the ball!!!  I was cheering so loudly I am sure I embarrassed him, but I couldn't have been prouder of him.  Seriously the BEST moment!!  Okay I am done with the proud mom moments, thanks for listening :)
Top: Jcrew Factory | Skirt: Jcrew Factory (similar) | Shoes: Dillards (similar) | Bag: local boutique (similar)| Sunnies: Ross (similar) | Bracelets: Jcrew here and here 

30 comments:

  1. Super cute. Love the bold mixture of prints and the fun color combo.

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern mixing looks great on you. And brave :) Congrats to your children in the program!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought to put these together but you look great. I host a weekly Friday Anything goes linky, you are welcome to come link up. You have me thinking what I could mix up in my closet for a fun outfit like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your son! I love proud momma moments. My kids have banned me from cheering (super happy "that's my baby" momma right here),

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I think I might be getting banned as well!! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Cute outfit! I love boldness in mixing patterns.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pattern mixing is so cute, Emily! I love that you're such a proud momma :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this story about your son. It's so sweet!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the perfect mix of prints. Nothing to crazy but still bold. Love your stories about your children too! :) ~Visiting from WIWW~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the orange striped top! What a sweet story about your son, yay proud mama!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. you totally rock this look! i need to do more mixing!

    hoping over from WIWW. glad to find your blog!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER cute! I have a top similar to that and I often balk at what to wear it with. You pulled off this look and rocked it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I posted a polka dot/striped outfit too! Am I brave enough to wear it???? Love what you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw! I love going to my son's baseball games! Poor little guy but he will learn from it and it sounds like he is getting brave! Good for him!

    I love your pattern mixing! Good for you for giving it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you pulled it off perfectly. It caught my attention from the 200 little links up on WIWW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the best! I love the polka dots with stripes AND the color combo of orange & blue (which are the colors of my favorite baseball team, the Mets!). Great outfit. Your grandkids would be insane to make fun of this outfit ;)

    xo
    Kym
    bitty.and.bunny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adore the stripes and dots together...esp with the complementary colours orange and blue! Really bright and summery plus really feminine and classic. Love it!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i need to do some pattern mixing - love this look! and those are proud mama moments. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the pattern mixing Emily...we're both rockin' stripes & dots today :) That skirt is SO cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  19. Boldly going where fainter-hearted women refuse to tread! I love this. Besides, our jobs as parents are to embarrass our children. Let them laugh! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, so true! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  20. You're welcome Emily. Lovely colours and I like the skirt. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how you did the mixing here. I still haven't embraced the trend fully but I hope to.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love this outfit! the mix is so fun! obsessed w your sunglasses!!!

    im having a fun accessories giveaway on my blog, check it out!

    xo

    www.MessyDirtyHair.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The pattern mixing works for me! Thanks for commenting on my post;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are brave and pulled it off! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The the "major mixing". You did it perfectly! So exciting the baseball hit. My oldest is only 2 but I'm sure I will be the same way!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.