Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Layers

 Alright I am going to start the post with observations about the weather...again.  This time of year really is so crazy!  I went with my oldest son on his school field trip today wearing a sweater, and I got sunburned.  Not that it can't be cold and sunny, but some reason when it is cold I don't think of sunscreen hence, I am totally in pain right now. The sad thing is that I brought it, but didn't apply it...lame.
 I HAVE to dress in layers in the spring because I always start out the day freezing and end it frying.  My boys beg to wear shorts every day even on the coldest of days (my husband would wear them if we lived in Antarctica), we finally had to set a date that they had to stop wearing shorts in the fall and when they could start wearing them in the spring.  I know it is a little control freakish, but I just couldn't send them to school in the winter in shorts!!. I am the strange one in our family, I totally hate being cold and bundle up even when it is a little cold.
 My closet it a total mess right now because I have half of my winter stuff still in there and half of my summer stuff.  The rest of my clothes hanging out it bins that need to be put away, but I don't want to take them downstairs when I am going to have to bring them BACK upstairs to put the rest of the winter stuff away when the weather decides what it is doing finally!)

Is there anyone out there who has some sort of spring system for their clothes when the weather changes so drastically from day to day?  If so I'd love to hear about it since what I am doing is NOT working.
 Jacket: Gap (similar) | Top: Loft | Cardigan: Banana Republic (similar) | Jeans: Bohme Boutique (similar) | Booties: Express (similar) | Bag: Aldo (similar) | Sunnies: Banana Republic Factory (similar) | Bracelets: Dillards (similar-on sale!)

34 comments:

  1. Lovely casual look, red cardi looks great on u!:)
    xoxo
    Jelena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your shoes! And your jean jacket is so cute!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your shoes, they must be very comfortable!

    http://nastya-said.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful casual look.

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layering! I agree with you, I get SO cold easily but it's because I come from a country where it's summer all year long!

    Peaches
    xx
    http://mintyandpeaches.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! I love how well you pull off those shoes! I always like shoes like that when I see them, but for some reason me+wedges never works out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those shoes! Very cute outfit :-)

    Maria

    www.daintyanddecadent.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute, casual look! I usually do what you did and dress in layers on days where it's cold in the morning and warmer in the afternoon. I keep my entire wardrobe for all seasons out though so I always have options. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely casual look! You look great!

    http://msofisticada.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wish i could say i have enough clothes to have separate winter and summer rotations in my closet but i don't! :) so, i just keep everything i own in my closet year round and hope i find stuff that works out for each season!
    i love your wedges, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the jean jacket and all the layers! I always keep all my clothes out in rotation, you never know with this crazy weather! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so funny! I don't have any boys but i do have a husband who does the SAME thing! I swear, he wears shorts in the SNOW! Weird! lol It must be a boy thing lol. I too have issues with my Spring wardrobe as it's been crazy here in Jersey. We went from 90 degree weather to 50 in a matter of a couple of days. So i broke out the Uggs again as i was sick of feeling cold all day at work! I have a guest room closet where i'll keep some transitional items though that's not exactly a "system". Hmm Anyway, love the cardi color on you! xoxo

    www.fashionmavenmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad my husband isn't the only one who never gets cold. My husband wears shorts in the snow too :) I wish I had more closets (that is a great idea :)

      Delete
  13. LOL! Love that you have a date set for shorts...I don't think it's control-freaky, maybe just organized and clear. You have a house full of male-ness so you need to draw the line somewhere! I don't know how you do it girl. :)
    And you look gorgeous here. The booties are perfect...
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love wearing layers too, then I can go out in all weathers. I love the colour of your cardigan xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look great!

    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. First off, those shoes are glorious! And my closet organziation includes: never putting away off season clothes and just using all three closets in our house. :) Seriously though, with Wiscosnin weather, it can be 40 one day and 70 the next... there's no way that I'm packing, and hauling, and un-packing, and then re-packing that crap everyday! haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really love your layers and those shoes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These shoes are adorbs...love the wedges and the fun lace-up. Not to mention your layers are great!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loveeeeeeeee those wedges!! Thanks for stopping by the blog! :) I will def follower! Keep up the great work hun! Hope you come by again soon!

    xo,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the wedges and the flowery shirt! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great wedges! They are lovely!!! <3
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don´t talking about weather, here in Madrid is going crazy, sunny and rain at the same time.

    I love your denm jacket.

    xoxo

    http://annchic.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great look,love your outfit I was thinking today I need a red cardi :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love everything about this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the layering! Cute shoes too!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute. Love the shoes!

    Brittany
    Belle epoque Fashion Blog
    fashionista-brit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the layers and love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow..I can't imagine the drastic weather of cold mixed with hot, I would be very confused with my outfits. But layering is definitely the best way, you could remove whatever you don't need. You created a nice layering outfit with colors and pattern all into one. I like how you finished the casual chic look with the denim jacket. Great shoes too.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love layering! You look great!

    xoxo

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.